a5e.tools A5E Character Builder Development Timeline

IceFrog

Villager
Well look at that, I stand impressively corrected, and at a most timely pace! My GoogleFu is not as strong without coffee, lol.

Thanks Morrus! From playtesting through Kickstarter to now I'm still excited for this, and you guys haven't disappointed yet.

IceFrog

Villager
I know you can't give a definitive answer but just wanted to know if the A5E adjacent materials such as Homebrew & Hacking By Pj Coffey would eventually make their way to the character generator?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We don’t currently have any plans for third party content. (And I’d personally feel uncomfortable deciding who got included and who didn’t.) But I’ll never say never.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just quick note, we meant to show off an example of a character using the static character sheet a few days ago, but we're just tweaking the appearance a bit. It won't be super flashy, but it's pretty much ready to show you save a few formatting changes.

To set expectations, this is to show that the info has a place in the system; it's static and read-only, so it has no 'functionality'. And it looks a bit basic, but making it pretty isn't the priority right now.

We have some example static character sheets over on the tools site now.

so, i'm assuming these are just because they're static test sheets, but i noticed a whole bunch of stuff out of wack, like:
  • fatigue/strife only have 5 boxes
  • the maximum bulky items is incorrect on every single sheet (cenya has 4 maximum bulky items despite have a negative strength modifier, zidi is missing 1 maximum bulky item, and akanni has a maximum of SIXTEEN bulky items for some insane reason)
  • cenya is carrying 2 more supply then her maximum
  • nobody has any equipment despite clearly having equipment from their other stats
  • cenya is at 5 hp instead of her maximum (though she also has 3 temp hp, so this is probably just for demonstrative purposes)
  • cenya's hit die is 1d8+2 despite having a con mod of +1
  • cenya has combat maneuvers??? and has a caster level of 4 despite being level 1?????? also her save DC is 1 higher then it should be (even if we assume her level is 4)
  • akanni doesn't have any traditions known (and nobody has any actual maneuvers known, but i'm guessing that just hasn't been implemented yet)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
so, i'm assuming these are just because they're static test sheets, but i noticed a whole bunch of stuff out of wack, like:
  • fatigue/strife only have 5 boxes
  • the maximum bulky items is incorrect on every single sheet (cenya has 4 maximum bulky items despite have a negative strength modifier, zidi is missing 1 maximum bulky item, and akanni has a maximum of SIXTEEN bulky items for some insane reason)
  • cenya is carrying 2 more supply then her maximum
  • nobody has any equipment despite clearly having equipment from their other stats
  • cenya is at 5 hp instead of her maximum (though she also has 3 temp hp, so this is probably just for demonstrative purposes)
  • cenya's hit die is 1d8+2 despite having a con mod of +1
  • cenya has combat maneuvers??? and has a caster level of 4 despite being level 1?????? also her save DC is 1 higher then it should be (even if we assume her level is 4)
  • akanni doesn't have any traditions known (and nobody has any actual maneuvers known, but i'm guessing that just hasn't been implemented yet)
That's mainly just data entry stuff, not the actual sheet. But I've updated them--thanks!

Remove ads