• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Aarrgh! Paizo GR sale

bento

Explorer
My LGS honored the sale, stocked up and passed all the savings onto us.

Now there's a second sale, this one just on the GR site, where they package several like items together. I'm thinking about buying all the Bleeding Edge modules this way and maybe the Blue Rose books (which I have on PDF but would like the print versions).

I just wish GR would sell a three pack of the True20 Pocket Players book like they're doing for MM2E. I'd get this just to have ready for my players.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
So I was lucky to get that big box of book. I had to do some serious rearaning to find space for all those books.

Not that I am gloating or anything. No, really, I feel your pain...

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Being an amazon.com shopper has trained me to never mix "in stock" with "pre-order/out of stock" items in the same order.

linnorm

Explorer
I've had mixed luck so far. I ordered a big stack of in-stock stuff and a separate order of out-of-stock stuff to speed things up. My OOS order arrived last week, my IS order is still pending. I'm getting ready to send a "WTF?" email if something doesn't move on it today.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
My FLGS also honored the sale. Only problem was that their distributor did not have the creatures of Freeport or the Black Company book.

I bet you can find the Advanced Bestiary by posting you want it in the marketplace thread. As a matter of fact, I'd consider selling mine. E-mail me.

DaveMage said:
Being an amazon.com shopper has trained me to never mix "in stock" with "pre-order/out of stock" items in the same order.

The thing is all my items were in stock when I ordered them. Somehow, by the time it got to my order being processed one item wasn't. This put me on the sidelines while I waited for it to come back in. I thought that the items I had ordered that were in stock still were safe as they would be reserved for me. Obviously I was wrong.

Other people that ordered Crisis in Freeport days or weeks after I ordered mine got a copy while I missed out. That's not fair in my opinion. The fact that I wasn't told by Paizo (via e-mail or a message on their storefront somewhere) that the other items in my order were at risk of being sold out to other people why I waited was also poor form.

All the other online stores I have ordered from reserve the other products in your order for you if an item is out of stock. I assumed that Paizo was the same and there was nothing on the site to tell me otherwise.

I'm still pretty angry about this at the moment, on principle more so than missing out on the book. At this stage I don't know if I'll be buying from Paizo's store ever again. Paizo make great products and my experience with their customer service had been great in the past. However this situation has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Olaf the Stout

Filcher

First Post
Great Wonders of the World Blowout Sale!

Hey guys,

I have the pyramids on sale for the low, low price.

Send me your money today and ...

... I'll wait a month before tell you that, whoops, I don't actually have a pyramid in stock right now ...

... but that won't stop me from raising your shipping cost on your non-existant pyramid.

And tell you what, we'll just wait indefinitely until the pyramid shows up. Which might be never. i'll code a bot to figure it out.

====

Dear Paizo,

Don't. Sell. What. You. Don't. Have.

====

I order the PHB and the DMG. Only one DMG is in stock and the PHB is on hold. Paizo places my order on hold.

Someone orders the DMG. Paizo ships them my DMG.

My PHB comes in, but now my DMG is missing. Piazo places my order on hold.

Someone orders the PHB. Paizo ships them my PHB.

My DMG comes in, but now the PHB is missing again. Pazio places my order on hold...

====

Obviously I'm still waiting for my order to move out of the "pending" box. My mistake thinking that a "sale" meant that goods would be exchanged for money, to the benefit of both parties. Or, failing that, the buyer would be notified by the seller of an error.

Note to self, don't make the same mistake again.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
DaveMage said:

Really? I've never really had a problem with that. It generally takes a couple days long than it might, but then Amazon.com is like 'here's your in-stock items; you need to wait for your other stuff though' and that's even with my clicking the wait until everything arrives option.

Same here.

A month and a half after I ordered, five items got cancelled even though it all began with a single backorder.

Lame.

Anyone have an extra Creatures of Freeport they want to get rid of?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads