D&D General Aasimar and aging

pming

Legend
Hiya!

They look like they did when they were young, just older?

o_O

Confusing question...

PS: Your title has NOTHING to do with what you asked. It's like titling a cooking Recipe "Lemon Chicken with Sage" and then the the description is a list of parts to rebuild an electric toothbrush. Maybe next time name the thread appropriately...say, "Aasimar and Aging" or something?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

esteban1997

Explorer
Hiya!

o_O

Confusing question...

PS: Your title has NOTHING to do with what you asked. It's like titling a cooking Recipe "Lemon Chicken with Sage" and then the the description is a list of parts to rebuild an electric toothbrush. Maybe next time name the thread appropriately...say, "Aasimar and Aging" or something?

^_^

Paul L. Ming
Sorry I'll do that thanks

pming

Legend
Hiya!

You didn't need to start a new thread...probably could have edited the title, or gotten a mod to do it for you... but anyway... :)

I would probably have them look similar in 'age quality' to a half-elf; old, but younger than they look. Kinda like me. ;) I'm 51, but folks say I look like I'm about in my mid thirties (late 30's now that I've FINALLY gotten some grey in my beard...but not in my hair, of which I have a lot, and long, down to my butt). Hell, when I was 40 people thought I was in my 20's!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Oofta

Legend
Hi new here (sorry, couldn't resist ;) ).

If I want images, I just Google and select the images tab. To me Aasimar look more or less look human, so they'd have similar. Maybe some graying hair, some wrinkles starting to form?

There's not always an answer though, sometimes you just have to use your imagination.

esteban1997

Explorer
Hi new here (sorry, couldn't resist ;) ).

If I want images, I just Google and select the images tab. To me Aasimar look more or less look human, so they'd have similar. Maybe some graying hair, some wrinkles starting to form?

There's not always an answer though, sometimes you just have to use your imagination.
thanks ☺

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Hiya!

o_O

Confusing question...

^_^

Paul L. Ming
Go easy on the new folks, Paul. Being told to change your thread title is not the most welcoming introduction to a new community.

@esteban1997 welcome to the forums! To answer your question, Aasimar resemble humans for the most part, although taller on average and often with a few otherworldly features like silver hair or opalescent eyes. So I imagine a middle-aged aasimar would likewise look similar to a middle-aged human, apart from those unusual features.

Per Volo's: "Aasimar mature at the same rate as humans, but they can live up to 160 years."

The verb "mature" is a bit ambiguous here in English as it can mean to age in general, but it usually more specifically means to reach adulthood. It is therefore unclear on the face of it whether an Aasimar reaches adulthood at about the same rate as a human, and then has the rest of their life span and aging stretched over roughly twice as long or whether they age at the same rate as humans their whole life and just attain levels of aged decrepitness humans have never yet experienced. I find the prior alternative, where they don't just spend an extra century as a retiree, more fitting into the lore of the race and more suitable to games of high adventure. The latter alternative is good for a comedy bit, but otherwise just a downer.

Thus it looks like after a childhood progressing comparable to humans, upon reaching adulthood Aasimar begin aging at roughly half the human rate. So a 50 year old Aasimar should probably look like a human somewhere in their mid 30s, except with whatever marks they have of their divine heritage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases