AASIMAR PROTECTOR PALADIN & THE TOMB OF ANNIHILATION CHARACTER HELP

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I didn't know that Aasimar are AL-legal. (But I may be long 'out of the loop'.)

DEX Ancient Paladins are really tough to kill off; mine wielded a Rapier and Whip in Tiamat, and only stepped off the stage when I became the group's DM.

ZethTheRed

First Post
Do you remember your starting stats?
It would be interesting to how you spread them out with the Paldain already being MAD and then throwing DEX into the mix!
Also, specifically what type of armor did you wear at the end of playing the character?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I don't remember my starting stats because, as part of retiring him from the field, I shuffled them around a bit. (In-game, he lost a fight and failed 2-of-3 Death Saves; this was my inspiration.)

He was originally physically big (DEX, CON) but he changed into (WIS, CHR) over the last few sessions. I also described him as turning grey after a fight, looking tired, getting wrinkles &c. The last time he contributed to combat, he stayed in the rear of the group and cast Moonbeam over BBEG's escape hatch.

Early on, though, I helped teach the Wizard tactics ("Stay behind me!") and took the new-player Rogue under my wing because Sneak Attack loves teamwork.

neogod22

Explorer
I didn't know that Aasimar are AL-legal. (But I may be long 'out of the loop'.)

DEX Ancient Paladins are really tough to kill off; mine wielded a Rapier and Whip in Tiamat, and only stepped off the stage when I became the group's DM.
The ones in Volo's Guide are legal, which are better than the ones in the DMG.

If you're considering a DEX based character, then you might as well be a Ranger, because that's too many stats that you need for a sex based paladin

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Herosmith14

First Post
I think I can use my Charisma (Paladin spellcasting ability)for Shilleghlah. The spell doesn't say it has to be Wisdom and I know some bards take it and use Charisma. My starting Charisma will be 16. My starting Wisdom will be 14 so yes on the Channel Divinity it won't be as high and as you mentioned does not combine with my Paladin Channel Divinity. The Paladin is so MAD. Inspiring Leader is a consideration, thanks for the suggestion.

Bards and Warlocks get to use Cha for Shillelaghs because it turns it into a bard/warlock spell in those classes. You'll be taking it as a cleric spell so it will have to use Wis.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Remove ads