Abjure elements

Sniperfox47

First Post
If I spend 2 MP and that means I can get armor that grants SOAK 6, why on earth would I only choose SOAK 4?

Because if you're casting a signature spell from a spell book you don't have a choice. If a mage sold you a spell to cast from a spell book page then you have to cast it as-is.

Of course if you know the create force spell list then you wouldn't cast it this way.

Not to mention it means the Mage Armor spell either seems to contradict this, OR as I stated earlier the ELEMENTAL OBJECT enhancement overrides the “specified effect type” rider which means ANY element could make “armor”. Otherwise, by you statement that ALL effects from this spell affect ONLY the element used in the spell (Create Force in this case), Mage Armor would only create an armor made of force that provides SOAK against Force Damage.

Mage armor and the elemental object enhancement are both part of the *create* spell list. The restriction to that element type is for the *abjure* spell list. You're conflating the two there.

Then ABJURE, NATURE is far too powerful as its currently written, especially if Nature and Metal are the only two Abjure spells that are useful foe Defense and Shielding as SniperFox47 implies.

Again, JMHO.

Well to be perfectly fair whether or not abjure metal and abjure nature would help against metal and wooden weapons respectively is a matter of conjecture, based on their elemental reactions in other spells.

There's nothing that outright states that they'd help here since the weapons do piercing/cutting/bludgeoning damage, not metal damage.

Remove ads