Pathfinder 2E Abomination Vaults 5e Pushed Back to January 2024

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
So the new street date for Abomination Vaults 5e appears to be June 4, per Amazon. Over a year since the original release date.

And I get it, the OGL fiasco provided them with an opportunity that they had to take while the iron was still hot. All hands on deck and all that.

When I first heard about this product, I thought to myself how it was nice to have a Pathfinder product for 5e. Maybe by buying this book, which has great reviews anyway, then maybe I could support the idea of Paizo doing more 5e compatible stuff.

On the one hand, it's quality Paizo material for 5e, which is my system of choice. On the other hand, no amount of support on my part (or anybody's, for that matter) will convince Paizo to do more 5e compatible material at this point.

So, do I get it now or not?

Incenjucar

Legend
Paizo is a business. If the money-paid demand is high enough they could do a cash-up-front Kickstarter, it just requires enough reward to outweigh the risk.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
If this product comes out, I would tentatively suggest picking it up. I own the PF2 version and am running it, so as an adventure path, I can tell you it's great. I don't see anything in terms of the system that would make it not work in 5E as well as it does in PF2.

But the devil is in the details, isn't it? You're going to have all of the creatures, spells, and encounters to set up. If that's done well, I think this is an exceptional choice to run a game by. If it's not, it's still a good choice because the adventure has really solid bones.

If anyone has any questions about the adventure that they'd like to ask to see if it's a good fit for them, I'm glad to help. I play both PF2 and 5E so I think I can give you the right context.

If this product comes out, I would tentatively suggest picking it up. I own the PF2 version and am running it, so as an adventure path, I can tell you it's great. I don't see anything in terms of the system that would make it not work in 5E as well as it does in PF2.

But the devil is in the details, isn't it? You're going to have all of the creatures, spells, and encounters to set up. If that's done well, I think this is an exceptional choice to run a game by. If it's not, it's still a good choice because the adventure has really solid bones.

If anyone has any questions about the adventure that they'd like to ask to see if it's a good fit for them, I'm glad to help. I play both PF2 and 5E so I think I can give you the right context.
Agreed, I'm about 80% of the way through the AP as GM and I haven't encountered anything yet that wouldn't translate over to 5e just fine. I would worry more if the AP went to 20, but my assumption is the 5e version will also end around 10 or 11.

As far as the material, I've really enjoyed running it. The different factions each have their own motivations and often they conflict which gives your players room to actually roleplay if you want to lean more into that aspect of the game for variety. Same with the sidequests that direct the players to interact with the townsfolk.

Remove ads