About the edit forum feature

I think you should have the right to actually add some content to the post during the edit phase, but you shouldn't be able to delete anything that has been posted .
Hard disagree. I like to correct my sentence structure, spelling or make things clearer as I often post and then proof read it and if it's a particularly long post I keep editing and fixing. It's very handy.
Besides this is a forum about our hobbies and media. Things shouldn't be that serious.

Ondath

Hero
As someone who occasionally forgets to in the middle of the sentence (see what I did there?), the editing feature is a godsend for me. That said, perhaps one way to avoid the malicious use of the edit feature would be allowing the users to see the earlier versions of the post. But I'm guessing that would add extra strain on the servers (to conserve every version of a post) and the expenses might not be justified compared to the benefits they'll bring.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
1690218506246.jpeg

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think you should have the right to actually add some content to the post during the edit phase, but you shouldn't be able to delete anything that has been posted .

Until there's such a time as people are being asinine with editing posts after the fact, there is no call to be restrictive.

Edit to add: And, indeed, if we found someone being that asinine, we'd likely ban them from the site, with the expectation that being asinine was going to be a thing for them in general. So, there's sufficient motivation to not be such a jerk.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Until there's such a time as people are being asinine with editing posts after the fact, there is no call to be restrictive.

Edit to add: And, indeed, if we found someone being that asinine, we'd likely ban them from the site, with the expectation that being asinine was going to be a thing for them in general. So, there's sufficient motivation to not be such a jerk.
…hold my beer!
jk

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
IMO. If someone is abusing the edit feature enough then it will catch up to them. May take a bit of time but it will.

Remove ads