ZEITGEIST About to start Zeitgeist (Pathfinder) open questions

imars

Villager
Spirit mediums have the following power:

Once per combat, as a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity, you
conjure forth a spirit from a creature that died within the last five minutes and within
three miles of your current location. The spirit appears in a space you choose within
25 ft. of you, and performs a standard action of your choice. Any attack it makes
count as having the ghost touch weapon property.

So if Asrabey Varal the high-level Eladrim dies in the fortress, does the spirit medium get to summon his spirit to attack at his level, that is 15th-level fighter? Is that the intention?

There is no mention of starting gold. I assume character will have to outfit their characters with the random default starting gold for their class.

Yes, that was the intention. Though who would you attack once he's down?

And use basic starting wealth. Personally I prefer starting at 2nd level so PCs are less squishy, but it should be balanced at normal 1st level.

Also, did you subscribe, or back the Kickatarter? We're close to releasing a slightly revised version of the adventures. Part one did not change much, but we clarified a few things.

imars

Villager
Also, did you subscribe, or back the Kickatarter? We're close to releasing a slightly revised version of the adventures. Part one did not change much, but we clarified a few things.

Thanks for the answers!

I subscribed through DriveThruRPG. Wednesday we are starting with an intro of the campaign. Have the players compare and introduce their characters. I am also going to send them through an exercise to bind their characters closer together. (Stealing ideas from FATE.) If the new version is out by October, then I will have a chance to read through the changes before we really get going next month.

The ability of the spirit medium is then very powerful depending on who dies. Not gonna happen in this campaign, but if a spirit medium had been on hand when Srasama had been slain, couldn't the spirit medium have commanded Srasama to wish the world out of existence or similar?

Falkus

Explorer
The ability of the spirit medium is then very powerful depending on who dies. Not gonna happen in this campaign, but if a spirit medium had been on hand when Srasama had been slain, couldn't the spirit medium have commanded Srasama to wish the world out of existence or similar?

I'd say that would take more than a standard action.

imars

Villager
I'd say that would take more than a standard action.

While I agree that the unmaking of the world probably should be more than a standard action ;), the Pathfinder PRD certainly states that the spell Wish is a standard action. I am taking the extreme view to make a point.

Well, once you know more about what Srasama was up to (see adventure 8), . . . nah, a Spirit Medium could not have done that.

Also, the situations where something abusive would crop up would be very rare, so I didn't think it warranted putting in some sort of mechanic to limit what you could call back. You're generally facing foes of an equivalent level, so it should be balanced.

Remove ads