Abyss ant?

martynq

Explorer
I note that in the list of monsters needing converting from the 2nd Edition Monstrous Compendium Annuals, the Abyss Ant is not listed under MCA1. I presume this means it has already been converted or can be found elsewhere.... so my question is where?

Alternatively, is the suggestion to use the Abyssal Ant Swarm from the Fiend Folio? The problem I would see here is that although the basic idea behind these monsters are somewhat similar, the power of the monsters seems somewhat different. IIRC, the Abyssal Ant Swarm is CR16, while the Abyss Ant looked to be much lower and only occurs in reasonably small groups (5-30 ants).

Martyn

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Yes, the reason I did not include the abyss ant is due to their swarm appearance in the FF. granted, those stats are not the way I’d prefer them (I too would like to see some ordinary stats), but if I went around re-converting all the monsters where I didn’t like the way WotC did them, I’d be at this forever. ;)

Seriously, I might consider converting a single abyss ant stats, if the demand is high enough.

martynq

Explorer
Thanks for the reply! I was already having a go at converting the MCA1 version myself - a bit based on the info in the Fiend Folio, but also making some changes since I view the two as different creatures (the MCA1 Abyss Ant is described as 2ft. long while the Abyssal Ants in the Fiend Folio are 8 inches long, IIRC) - so I could post it here to be adjusted if that would help. (I'm well aware that I'm very much a newbie at this conversion thing!)

Martyn

Remove ads