D&D 1E AD&D 1e Alternate Classes

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I seem to remember another April issue character class. I think it was called the Useless class.

The class had d2 hit points, rerolled each level, so he'd always have either 1 or 2 hit points.

The character couldn't use any weapon more complicated than a club or he would injure himself.

Wasn't proficient in any armor.

But he had a set of odd abilities if he actually survived.

I wish I could remember what issue that was.

Edit: Found it! It was called "Rules to Lose By" in issue #96 and featured the Hopeless character class.

Last edited:

rogueattorney

Adventurer
Neither of which I wish to incorporate into my Greyhawk campaign.

You probably already know this, but I figured I'd mention... The Greyhawk Adventures hardback has a number of specialized clerics for Greyhawk deities.

Also, the 1e Lankhmar resource has some rules for multi-classing humans and white and black wizards suitable for the Lankhmar setting that some people like to export to more generic settings.

Dragonsfoot did a Manual of Professions with a number of alternate classes in it. Also, check out their e-zine, Footprints for various other classes.

You might also want to check out Knockspell magazine. The first 6 issues are available from Lulu. I know #4 has a new version of the Anti-Paladin.

Steely_Dan

First Post
The only other 1E AD&D rulebook I can think of that had published classes in it besides Oriental Adventures was the Dragonlance Adventures book.

Yep, the:

-Bushi
-Holy Order of the Stars
-Kensai
-Ninja
-Samurai
-Shukenja
-Sohei
-Solamnic Knight (broken up into 3 subclasses or what have you)
-Tinker
-Wizard of High Sorcery (again, broken up into 3 subclasses)
-Wu-Jen

Did I miss any (this is off the top of my head)?

Remove ads