TSR AD&D 1e MMIII?

aco175

Legend
Looks amazing, must have taken a lot of work and effort. Kudos

It would be great to bring it to a convention or such and whip it out as a reference.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Congratulations! Really a cool project and you got yourself a nice and unique product. :) Years ago, I made some PDFs compiling magical items from thr DMG and UA and I considered that quite a bit of work, but it totally pales in comparison to this!

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Could this be what the 1e MMIII would have been? ;)

All the OD&D and 1e monsters from Dragon magazine. I did both a pdf and this hardcopy. (A TON of manual typing as formatting on the pdfs was really bad). Only for my personal use only of course, since I don’t own the IP. I do own the original magazines and CD collection, FWIW, so basically I just kit bashed my own material. But I can’t share, so don’t ask.

In fact, I recently found out that no one really knows who owns the IP. When WoTC released the digital Dragon CD collection, they got into trouble because many of the creators said they held the rights. Turns out, TSR record keeping was horrible, and no one knows what those original contracts were for all of the folks who submitted monsters to Dragon. That’s why despite WoTC selling reprints of 1e books, you’ll never see them do something like this. Which unfortunately is pretty sad.

View attachment 270291
View attachment 270292
View attachment 270293
View attachment 270294
View attachment 270295
View attachment 270296
This is amazing! I don't see why you can't share it though. As long as you're not asking for money.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
This is amazing! I don't see why you can't share it though. As long as you're not asking for money.
If I understand things correctly, WotC does not own copyright to most of this articles and so they do not fall under WotC fan's policy nor can WotC release such a compilation nor authorize its release. You would have to get an agreement from each original author (or their estate). Basically an almost impossible undertaking.

Sacrosanct

Legend
If I understand things correctly, WotC does not own copyright to most of this articles and so they do not fall under WotC fan's policy nor can WotC release such a compilation nor authorize its release. You would have to get an agreement from each original author (or their estate). Basically an almost impossible undertaking.
Yep. An impossible task. A lot of folks seem to have this misconception that as long as you're not selling it, then you can reproduce and give it away. That's not how Fair Use works.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Yep. An impossible task. A lot of folks seem to have this misconception that as long as you're not selling it, then you can reproduce and give it away. That's not how Fair Use works.
I don't get it. You can make something like that for yourself, but the instant you show it to anyone else it's against the law?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases