TSR AD&D 1e MMIII?

Hex08

Hero
So silly.
It may seem so on the surface, but I have a friend who is an author who might disagree. However, giving your friend a copy of a book you made may technically cross over into copyright issues but unless your friend decides to sell your gift on eBay there isn't really going to be an issue.

Kai Lord

Hero
Could this be what the 1e MMIII would have been? ;)

All the OD&D and 1e monsters from Dragon magazine. I did both a pdf and this hardcopy. (A TON of manual typing as formatting on the pdfs was really bad). Only for my personal use only of course, since I don’t own the IP. I do own the original magazines and CD collection, FWIW, so basically I just kit bashed my own material. But I can’t share, so don’t ask.

In fact, I recently found out that no one really knows who owns the IP. When WoTC released the digital Dragon CD collection, they got into trouble because many of the creators said they held the rights. Turns out, TSR record keeping was horrible, and no one knows what those original contracts were for all of the folks who submitted monsters to Dragon. That’s why despite WoTC selling reprints of 1e books, you’ll never see them do something like this. Which unfortunately is pretty sad.

View attachment 270291
View attachment 270292
View attachment 270293
View attachment 270294
View attachment 270295
View attachment 270296
That...is stupendously awesome. Bravo!

Jahydin

Hero
That is so freaking cool!

I remember seeing those Dragon Compilations on CD-ROM at my FLGS at thinking it was a silly thing to buy with how great 3E was.

So regret not getting them... :cry:

Remove ads