D&D 2E AD&D 2E Core Books Now on Fantasy Grounds!

Its on the FG web store but I have yet to see an announcement, The 2E PHB, MM, & DMG as well as N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God are now available on Fantasy Grounds;
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?search=2E

Screen Shot 04-16-19 at 12.53 PM.PNG

You might have been like me, and thought WotC would never support the re-release of previous editions as anything but PDF, but now we see that the community ruleset developed by celestian has been incorporated into FG and the official rulebooks are also available. Good news for all of you who want to play 2E!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Its on the FG web store but I have yet to see an announcement,

They've sent out a press release. Here you go:

SmiteWorks is happy to announce that we have expanded our license with Wizards of the Coast to allow us to produce conversions of D&D Classic material for play on the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop. We are releasing four Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (2E) products today for Fantasy Grounds, starting with the Player's Handbook, Monster Manual and Dungeon Master Guide. Additional products are in the works. We are excited to see how fans of the older material react to having those mixed with virtual tabletop software.

Our software will now support a 2E ruleset as a built-in ruleset. Purchasable modules will pre-load content and graphics from popular books and modules.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Celestian

Explorer
Currently working on the core Complete books for classes. Those should start coming out shortly. One of my favorite adventures is in the pipe also, it's one of the big ones. :)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I know this is a big and nearly impossible ask, but any chance that the Player's Option books will be added at some point?

Celestian

Explorer
Oh I realise that, unless there's an assassin in it, then you'll struggle!😊

Not to hard to make an NPC with those features really. Monks are the same. I've been working on ToEE and while the 2e PHB doesn't have a monk it wasn't that hard to add the "monk" abilities from 1e to a NPC and call it a monk.

They actually did add the assassin and monks in 2e through handbooks and other products eventually.

An experienced DM, or one with a lot of supplements, that's not a problem, sure. But some one who only has the core books and picks up an adventure for 1e that had that sort of stuff will struggle. Not for long in the age of the internet, though!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases