D&D 2E AD&D Monstrous Compendium 2

Nebulous

Legend
I recently picked this up. Although a few have been converted to 5th edition (meenlock, quickling) I'm somewhat surprised by how many monsters I don't remember from anywhere at all. I'm sure it's because some were from other settings I didn't play much, like Ravenloft and Al Qadim, etc. Some of the pictures are really cool/creepy too.

y46QIXn.jpg

2CPChyu.jpg

Here's a quick list:

Addazahr
Amiq Rasol
Arch Shadow
Scaladar (I saw a miniature for this recently though)
Sporebat
Dragon Beetle
Bi-Nou
Cath Shee
Crypt Cat
Centaur-kin, Dorvesh
Centaur-kin, Gnoat
Centaur-kin, Hapony (halfing + pony, of course)
Centaur-kin, Zebranaur
Chronolily
Darktentacles
Bog Hound
Greater Doppleganger
Ekimmu
Nature Elemental
Flareter (green slime relative)
Casura Ghost
Ker Ghost
Burning Man Golem
Phantom Flyer Golem
Hakeashar
Moon Horse
Kalin
Kholiathra
Laerti
Suel Lich
Shadow Lurker
Marl
Deep/Gray/Death Mold
Mummy Creature
Nyth
Ghaunadan Slime Ooze
Palimpsest
Peltast
Firethorn
Stone/Gray/Dense Pudding
Raggamoffyn
Draco-Sphinx
Umpleby
Wall Walker
Webbird
Wraith Spider
Yak-Man

R_J_K75

Legend
AD&D Monstrous Compendium 2, where is this from? There were appendices to the 2E Monstrous Manual, but most of these creatures were from campaign settings as far as I remember. That picture of the Dark Tentacles is different from the black & white loose leaf pages from the City of Splendors or Undermountain boxed sets. But I recognize the format from the AD&D 2E Revised books. Im both confused and curious on this.

Nebulous

Legend
AD&D Monstrous Compendium 2, where is this from? There were appendices to the 2E Monstrous Manual, but most of these creatures were from campaign settings as far as I remember. That picture of the Dark Tentacles is different from the black & white loose leaf pages from the City of Splendors or Undermountain boxed sets. But I recognize the format from the AD&D 2E Revised books. Im both confused and curious on this.

Here is the cover. I think it was from 1995 or so.

rWpOiyM.jpg

Remove ads