[Adamant Entertainment] Imperial Age: Faeries

GMSkarka

Explorer
[imagel]http://enworld.rpgnow.com/images/92/55203.jpg[/imagel]
Adamant Entertainment's latest release in our acclaimed Victorian-era line, The Imperial Age: Faeries offers Gamemasters and Players one of the most comprehensive supplements on Faeries ever released, applicable not only to Victorian-era d20 campaigns, but any game looking for a taste of the otherworldly realm.

Chapter One, On Being Fey, presents an introduction to the use of Faerie in an Imperial Age campaign, and a half-dozen Victorian theories as to the nature and origins of Faeries.

Chapter Two, Becoming Fey, provides an exhaustive collection of all manner of races, sizes and types of Faerie, presented as playable races for PCs or NPCs.

Chapter Three, Fey Touched, includes rules for the mingling of Faerie and Human blood, providing new Talent Trees, Feats, and Starting Occupations. Also included is the Changeling racial advanced class, by which a human character may develop into one of fey blood.

Chapter Four, Fey Foes, presents several templates that can be used to create creatures from the realm of Faerie, as well as several new monsters and a collection of Faerie NPCs.

Chapter Five, Fey Tales, presents three different Imperial Age Faerie campaigns, each with setting details and a campaign-specific advanced class:
  • In "The Fair Empire", the veil between our world and the Otherworld was first pierced in 1599 -- it is now the late 19th century, and the Immortal Queen Victoria Glorianna, ruler of England, Wales, Ireland, America, Canada, Australia, India, the Summer Lands and rightful queen of Scotland, sits on the High Throne of the Endless English Empire.
  • "The Fair Lands" is more than just a single campaign setting, as it can be used in any campaign. It details the Faerie Realm -- taking ordinary PCs and casts them into a world of magick and danger where they might struggle to save or rule a kingdom, recover ancient treasures, or simply get back home.
  • Lastly, "Fair Folk" presents a world like our own, but where a select group of officers of the Metropolitan Police have been quietly investigating reports of Faerie activity, simultaneously trying to protect the Empire, uncover the truth, and keep the public from panic.

ADM4114
$9.95 US

Click on cover image to visit product page.

Merova

First Post
Although I've been a fan of the Imperial Age line from the start, I've rarely been a vocal enthusiast of the products. But this book is absolutely awesome, the best of the line by far! It's been a long time since the original announcement, in the back of the Alienist book, but it was definitely worth the wait. If the review system was still working here, I'd put up a glowing review, maybe even 5 stars. ;)

The Imperial Age line is growing stronger with each new release. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming products, Fisticuffs & Swordplay and Imperial Age: Burma. You guys should be proud of the fine work that you're putting out.

OT: I'm an obsessive rpg book collector, with thousands of books from nearly three decades of gaming. I don't think I have a single book that deals with Burma/Myanmar. I'm looking forward to filling that gaming gap. :)

---Olivia

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Wow, this was really well done! I've never really been interested in Victorian gaming and faeries - until now.

Stormborn

Explorer
Thanks for the kind words. Donna and I worked really hard on this and it comes from a passionate interest in the subject we both have. I really hope to see some reports on how people have used this book in their games (IA based or not) and how it works out.

Ilium

First Post
A suggestion for the folks at Adamant (or any publishers doing press releases): Include the author's name in the release. I had little interest in this product before, but now that I know Stormborn wrote (or co-wrote?) it, I will look into it more. His stuff is always excellent.

Stormborn

Explorer
Ilium said:
A suggestion for the folks at Adamant (or any publishers doing press releases): Include the author's name in the release. I had little interest in this product before, but now that I know Stormborn wrote (or co-wrote?) it, I will look into it more. His stuff is always excellent.

Wow. No higher praise than that my name could sell someone on a product he or she would not have otherwise bought. Thanks!

Rafael Ceurdepyr

First Post
Stormborn said:
Thanks for the kind words. Donna and I worked really hard on this and it comes from a passionate interest in the subject we both have. I really hope to see some reports on how people have used this book in their games (IA based or not) and how it works out.

I wanted to chime in, too. I'd love to hear how this is being used in games as well, especially if you've used any of the possible world views/settings we wrote about. I very much want to play Faeries myself, but until I do, I'd like to game vicariously. :)

Donna

AKA

Remove ads