Level Up (A5E) Adapting O5E Races

glaucolessa

Villager
Hi, guys! I'm diving in all the Level Up content already, but I was looking for instructions on how to use O5E races in Level Up games.

I have a Ravnica campaign, and although it's easy to use LU for my Human, Elf and Human Vampire Characters, I have also a Vedalken and Minotaur.

I came up with some options:

1) Unfortunately not use Heritage and Culture options. Leave the races as they are, but remove their Ability Increases (since they are already inside Backgrounds).

2) Remove Ability Increase and Cultural Aspects of the race to turn it a Heritage. So cultural aspects come from Culture as normal. The main problem with this is: These races don't have gifts... The only way would be creating them from scretch or allowing players to get gifts from other heritages that make sense with their races. In this case, what do you think are good options to a vedalken and a minotaur?

What do you think? My challenge is Ravnica races, but this post may also help other players with race characters from other O5E books.

Stone Dog

Adventurer
I know that this is an older thread, but I'm also interested in converting O5E races into heritages and new cultures.

I also know that the game is set up to be modular and O5E races/backgrounds can plug in the same slots as A5E H/C/B, but H/C/B is so much more flavorful and cool. And I love that heritages don't have ability bonuses so hopefully you won't get as much "Oh, you want to be a standard human cleric? Bad choice, you need a big wisdom bonus!"

The heritage gifts in A5e could be reworked O5e racial feats. The Dragon Hide and Dragon Wings feats from O5e were reworked into the Draconic Armor and Draconic Wings gifts. Now most of the O5e races don't have any official racial feats, so their gifts might need to be homebrewed or converted from a racial feat that existed in 3e.

Remove ads