Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION]: Incarnation is 10th w/o DM points (20677 total [your math is off by 200 for his XP, BTW]), though I do have the desire to spend the 6 I have to push him to 11 (its why I got them, afterall). I am looking at Nightmare Weaver or Umbral Cabalist (by taking Twofold Pact [Vestige]). Thoughts?

[MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION]: The Master of Flames from DR388 looks ideal.

stonegod

A dark wisp escapes as Agent Grey dies. Incarnation passively taps the iron flask at his side and it vanishes, swallowed into darkness.

He turns to the house, recovering his gear. He attends to the old Jovan priest. Our business is not done. The Warden must be revived. Assist me with the priest. Seeing the bodies, he turns briefly to Raiyek. Perhaps these bodies have other missives we must be aware of. We shall strip them before returning them to sea.
OOC: Incrnation will help stablize the priest so we can get the Warden back—after all, we don't want to upset Dane's dwarven friend back at camp...

Can Rayiek search the bodies?

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Reaching Paragon level and gaining your Paragon Path is milestone more important to a character than a simple level. So, before you spend any DM credit, I would like to see if I cannot add a scene somewhere in the next adventure (or even before the final wrap up of this one) that would give more flavor to obtaining your Paragon level.

If you don't like that idea, you can tell it also. And that is good for anyone who is about to reach Paragon.

Also notes that all the Goliaths and Drows have all vanished. There were summoned creature that left no bodies behind. Only agent Grey bodies can be looted (or the priest house :devil: ).[/SBLOCK]

Nebten

First Post
OOC: So wha' lewtz on da Grayz' bodz? (or however the kids say it). Dane's new level is 8.

Dane doesn't have any idea as to what this Agent is talking about, nor does he really care. The downfall of the Jade Empire doesn't sound like a bad idea. Everybody he's ever met from that place had evil intent and now wanted him dead. But who is truely evil is the question . . .

After placing the Warden's body in its proper place he says out loud, directed to nobody, Should we search the Warden's body? If he has something on him that some crazy is willing to chase us down to kill for, we should know what we are getting into.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Do not be so hasty Dane. Let us think on this matter, but perhaps it is wise to see if there is any shred of truth in the changeling's lies. I would not want an enemy of the entire Jade Empire over this matter. Georg advises.

OOC: Smart dwarf here!

Velmont

First Post
The old man awaken, he put his hand on his head. "What..." he looks around and his eyes stop on Incarnation and then on the Warden and froze. He stare a moment at the body of the Warden. "You killed my aggressor I see. I must thank you, but what brought you here, how did you know I was in danger?"

stonegod

[SBLOCK=Paragoning]
Reaching Paragon level and gaining your Paragon Path is milestone more important to a character than a simple level. So, before you spend any DM credit, I would like to see if I cannot add a scene somewhere in the next adventure (or even before the final wrap up of this one) that would give more flavor to obtaining your Paragon level.

If you don't like that idea, you can tell it also. And that is good for anyone who is about to reach Paragon.
I'll send you a PM about it (I'm not opposed to the idea so long as I can actually take the class. ;).[/SBLOCK]
The old man awaken, he put his hand on his head. "What..." he looks around and his eyes stop on Incarnation and then on the Warden and froze. He stare a moment at the body of the Warden. "You killed my aggressor I see. I must thank you, but what brought you here, how did you know I was in danger?"
Incarnation stares at the man a moment. Then, understanding, leads him to a window. You are mistaken. The dragonborn is not your enemy, but one that wore many faces. His deception is over and he has paid for his many crimes. He points to the changeling's body, now returned its its grey state. Our friend is no fiend. You can see his by the time of his wounds that he would not have walked the earth to this place. But we need you and the grace of your deity to revive him. His purpose is not yet served.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Seeing the bodies, he turns briefly to Raiyek. Perhaps these bodies have other missives we must be aware of. We shall strip them before returning them to sea.
Raiyek nods to Incarnation. "Indeed, I too am curious to see if there are any further clues to his motivation on his person." The elf thoroughly searches Agent Grey's body, inspecting any hidden pockets as well as his gear - best not to let it go to waste.

Do not be so hasty Dane. Let us think on this matter, but perhaps it is wise to see if there is any shred of truth in the changeling's lies. I would not want an enemy of the entire Jade Empire over this matter. Georg advises.
Raiyek looks up from his work over Agent Grey for a moment to add, "Perhaps a good place to look would be the documents we brought with us from the Academy? We may be able to glean an idea from them whether the Warden was misleading us or not. I did not get that impression from him when he was leading us, though it is odd that the Jade Empire would find any problem with Estergrin and the Warden working with the barrier between our world and they Feywild around Daunton."
[sblock=OOC]Perception (1d20+13=33). Lol ... I guess I find everything? :p

Raiyek is now level 8, and about 1950 XP from level 9. Haven't looked into paragon paths for Raiyek in quite a while, but I'll have a look again. [/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Paragon][MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], personally I like the Umbral Cabalist better. Also, don't the Nightmare Weaver's powers key off of Cha?

For Raiyek, I see a few possibilities. I really like Holy Conqueror, though it would require me to switch Lay on Hands to Ardent Vow. (Well, I actually like Dragonslayer most, if it didn't key off of Cha, heh. The joys of split-stat classes.) Slayer of the Dead could be nice, though he hasn't really gone in that direction so far. Vengeful Crusader or Astral Weapon might fit better if I didn't switch to ardent vow.

So, re: lay on hands vs. ardent vow, what do the rest of you think? I haven't used Raiyek's overhaul yet, so it is an option to switch. I've been thinking that Raiyek's damage output is kind of low (granted it's not really his job to do a lot of damage, but it's odd to have the cleric out-damage him :p) and ardent vow could help a lot with that. On the other hand, we'd be losing 4 lay on hands per day, which can help quite a bit as well.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]An ardent vow paladin can do a lot of damage if well build. Gloom, my longtotth shifter can do 4d12+20 with his daily level 1, and he is only level 3. To do it, he needs to use his longtooth shiting ability (with bloodfury fullblade, it easy) and use his divine strength and an ardent vow... That happen only once, but thinking of doing 68+1d6 damages on a critical for a level 3 character is nice.

Worst, if I use an action point, I can use Fortune Spurred Smite (2d12+7) and if both hit, I can also do an AoO on the fleeing creature (1d12+7) for a total of 7d12+34 in a single round on a creature... you really wish to hit on all of them :)

But on a regular basis, he is doing 1d12+11 with his holy strike at-will power, which is nice.

Ardent paladin can be turned into strikers very easily.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads