• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Nebten

First Post
Dane goes through the belongings of the hobgoblins. While doing so he looks around at his fellow party members, 3 dwarves, shifter, elf & warforged.

Non of us are dragons. Dun of us even dat tall! Why attack us?

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg releases this hold on the arcane fireball and it dissipates before it can burn Dane. He wipes his forehead and takes a running jump across the river, upstream so the others can catch him if he fails to make it across. He belly flops but manages to swim the short distance.

He makes his way over to the rest of the group. I didn't expect them to give up so easily, I guess having fought those cultists who would fight to the death and sometimes afterward made me overreact a bit, eh friend? He nods towards Raiyek. He looks over the wereserpent. She wasn't always this way, their lot isn't as "natural" as other shapeshifters. But she is telling the truth, shall we find her employer or his target or both?

[sblock=OOC] First Athletics to jump over 1d20+1=3 (fail) then Athletics to swim across 1d20+1=20 (yay!)

Insight 1d20+9=26

Spend another healing surge to have 40hp and 8/10 surges[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Staff of Defense (if any defense hit by less than 4) and Shield (if AC/Ref hit by less than 4)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 19 NAD:17/17/17
HP: 40/40 Surges: 8/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:9 Dex:13 Wis:15 Con:18 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
At Will - Winged Horde, Thunderwave, Cantrips
Encounter: Burning Hands, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Staff of Defense, Shield
Daily: Flaming Sphere, Staff of Fiery Might, Cloak of Resistance

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek finally manages to kick off a rock on the riverbed and make it back into the shallower water. Standing and walking over to the wereserpent and the rest of his companions, a swirl of magical light washes over the paladin briefly, leaving him armored once again.

"Yes, I was expecting a little more fight from them as well," the elf comments in reply to Georg. Turning to the woman, he adds, "Remember that we had no quarrel with you, woman. If you cooperate and make amends for your unprovoked attack, we may simply call it a misunderstanding and show you mercy in kind." The elf's voice is calm and reassuring, and there's no hint of a threat in his eyes. A small smile and neutral posture combine with a warmth behind his eyes to nearly compel the woman to answer their questions.
[sblock=OOC]Insight (1d20+10=12) ... not Raiyek's day for good rolls, it seems.

Scorpius, for Perception and Insight rolls like that, what do you do? Does that stay a 12, or do you default to the passive score (20 for Raiyek)?

Diplomacy (1d20+11=31) Woot! Okay, maybe I was wrong about the rolls thing. Think that's good enough as a carrot? :)[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 5
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 20; Low-light vision
AC:24, Fort:17, Reflex:18, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP: 56/56, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Paladin's Judgment
Arc of Vengeance

Woundstitch Powder
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Raiyek_Meliam_(Lord_Sessadore)

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"He is not as he appears. What is he? For what purpose is this dragonborn sought?" queries Incarnation to the woman.

"I do not know the purpose, NOR did I wish to know." She replies with some attitude. "That's not the way I run my business."

Dane goes through the belongings of the hobgoblins. While doing so he looks around at his fellow party members, 3 dwarves, shifter, elf & warforged. Dane finds a potion of healing as well as four hundred gold pieces divided amongst the conquered. Amongst the more mundane equipment a pair of boots and a cloak stand out as worthy of further study.

Non of us are dragons. Dun of us even dat tall! Why attack us?

-''She is kinda cute, isn't she? I mean, she's literally a snake, of course, but still cute.'' comments Hadrak.

"I think he obviously mistook you for one of those other groups seeking out the dragonborn. He was determined to get there first." She answers Dane, very pointedly not looking toward Hadrak.

Georg releases this hold on the arcane fireball and it dissipates before it can burn Dane. He wipes his forehead and takes a running jump across the river, upstream so the others can catch him if he fails to make it across. He belly flops but manages to swim the short distance.

He makes his way over to the rest of the group. I didn't expect them to give up so easily, I guess having fought those cultists who would fight to the death and sometimes afterward made me overreact a bit, eh friend? He nods towards Raiyek. He looks over the wereserpent. She wasn't always this way, their lot isn't as "natural" as other shapeshifters. But she is telling the truth, shall we find her employer or his target or both?

[sblock=OOC] First Athletics to jump over 1d20+1=3 (fail) then Athletics to swim across 1d20+1=20 (yay!)

Insight 1d20+9=26

Spend another healing surge to have 40hp and 8/10 surges[/sblock]

Raiyek finally manages to kick off a rock on the riverbed and make it back into the shallower water. Standing and walking over to the wereserpent and the rest of his companions, a swirl of magical light washes over the paladin briefly, leaving him armored once again.

"Yes, I was expecting a little more fight from them as well," the elf comments in reply to Georg. Turning to the woman, he adds, "Remember that we had no quarrel with you, woman. If you cooperate and make amends for your unprovoked attack, we may simply call it a misunderstanding and show you mercy in kind." The elf's voice is calm and reassuring, and there's no hint of a threat in his eyes. A small smile and neutral posture combine with a warmth behind his eyes to nearly compel the woman to answer their questions.

[sblock=OOC]Insight (1d20+10=12) ... not Raiyek's day for good rolls, it seems.

Scorpius, for Perception and Insight rolls like that, what do you do? Does that stay a 12, or do you default to the passive score (20 for Raiyek)?

** In low pressure situations, like this, you can default to your passive. In combat, or skill challenges, what you roll is what you roll **

Diplomacy (1d20+11=31) Woot! Okay, maybe I was wrong about the rolls thing. Think that's good enough as a carrot? :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Insight 20]
The lady seems to be telling the truth thus far. Its clear she has her survival in mind.

Raiyek's seem to have put her somewhat more at ease.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Then tell us what you do know of your employer. None of it shall return to him for he thinks you likely dead.

Incarnation takes the boots and cloak from Dane when offers to examine them further.

OOC: Two HS to get to full [9/11] When we have a short rest, I'll ID the items.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev seems content to let the others do the questioning. The shifter helps Dane gather the gold and waits for Incarnation to look over the items.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]On the note of treasure, I notice no one from To Catch a Crimelord seems interested in the potions we got at the end. I think it's safe to assume, then, that we divvied them up according to this post.

That means that Raiyek currently has three potions, so I probably don't need this one. Is someone else low on potions?[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I was brought on by Cyrus. The old man who ran that way." The woman says, indicating the mage.

"I had worked with him a couple of times before, though not recently. He was hired by the big guy. I think he was from Kythira or something. I know he didn't talk much, but he promised pay in gold and magic. Said this dragonborn guy would have some prime stuff for sell or keeps."

[sblock=ooc]At some point soon you'll officially get your short rest. Items will be identified as Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic), and Cloak of Resistance +2[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I would have your name creature, for your freedom. We have no other quarrel with your so long as fate keeps us separated.

OOC: Incarnation is fine w/ letting her go, assuming he gets her name. And he'll Insight on that when given: 16.

Remove ads