• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I don 't have Arcana trained and my INT is nothing to brag about. It'll be Georg's and Incarnation job.

I think it's too much to ask for 3 successful check in a round.

Georg should always roll first. If he fails, Incarnation tries. If Incarnation fails, heck, even I might give it a shot! But if Georg makes it, Incarnation should attack instead.[/sblock]

-''Do it! Do the ritual! Georg and Incarnation will help you!''

Hadrak moves toward the monster, keeping Dane and Raiyek between him and a mauling death, and asks again for the favors of his god.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: I should be at K8 (see previous moves) and now I move at K3
Standard:
Beacon of Hope (1d20+11=18) it'S VS will, probably a miss. A hit would weaken the beast

Effect: Dane and Raiyek gain 5 hp each and now each of my healing power will heal 5 additional HP until the end of the encounter.
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
-''Do it! Do the ritual! Georg and Incarnation will help you!''

Hadrak moves toward the monster, keeping Dane and Raiyek between him and a mauling death, and asks again for the favors of his god.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: I should be at K8 (see previous moves) and now I move at K3
**okie dokie**
Standard:
Beacon of Hope (1d20+11=18) it'S VS will, probably a miss. A hit would weaken the beast

**Miss**

Effect: Dane and Raiyek gain 5 hp each and now each of my healing power will heal 5 additional HP until the end of the encounter.
[/sblock]

The warden shifts back, and grabs his sword with two hands begin a strange chant. He shifts his volume from shouting to whispers. Georg and Incarantion know it will not be easy to keep up.

The Barlgura, meanwhile slams into Raiyek again, as compelled but hits hits for only a small amount of damage.

[sblock=ooc]The Warden shifts back and begins the ritual.

The Barlgura heals 26 hp
attacks Raiyek, twice. 1st time. Nat 1

2nd time 33 vs AC[url]. Used wrong damage roll. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2597738/]8 -1 = 7 damage. -2 more to damage rolls. Correct total is -8.[/sblock]

-----------------------

Init!

Round 9

21; Dane; I1; 51/60; +2 power bonus to AC, +2 power bonus to attack rolls and a +4 power bonus to damage rolls against the target until the end of the encounter;
19; Raiyek; I3; 49/56; +2 power bonus to AC;
18; Georg; F9/G10; 41/44; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC;
Flaming Sphere; E0;
18; Incarnation; H10; 47/53; Superior Cover, +2 power bonus to AC;
18; Rurdev; D0/E1; 42/51; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC;
12 Hadrak; K3; 52/52; +2 power bonus to AC;
11; The Warden; G5/H6; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC;
10; Big Demon; F1/H3; Cursed, Quarry, Divine Challenge, -8 to damage rolls

Stats

Demon
AC 28 R 24

Map!

[sblock=Map]
OniAmbush12.png
[/sblock]

The thick black lines on the sides of the wagon represent the top cover on the wagon. They block Line of Sight.

Moving in and out of the wagon cost an additional square of movement.

You can also move the wagon, by getting in and driving it.

The boulders are about ten feet in height. Anyone who is not huge, and is adjacent to the rock can use it for superior cover. Anyone who is huge, and adjacent to the rock still receives cover.

You can climb a rock with an athletics check of some sort.

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg swings his horse around and looks at the Warden. He tries to keep up concentration on his sphere while looking for a place in the ritual. He moves there and begins to chant a deep undertone to the Warden. His staff is raised high above his head and his voice drones in a low baritone Hmmmmmwaaaaa

[sblock=OOC] I guess it is standard actions to perform the ritual
Minor: Upkeep Sphere
Move: To wherever he needs to be (horse moves 8)
Standard: Arcana 1d20+11=29 check
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Shield (if AC/Ref hit by less than 4)
Status: +2 AC, Flaming Sphere (E9) does 9 fire damage to adjacent at start of turn
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 19 NAD:17/17/17
HP: 41/44 Surges: 8/10 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:8 Dex:13 Wis:15 Con:18 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
At Will: Winged Horde, Thunderwave, Cantrips
Encounter: Boots of Rapid Motion, Burning Hands, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Shield, Staff of Defense
Daily: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast, Staff of Fiery Might, Cloak of Resistance

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Yes it is a standard action to assist in the ritual. I failed to mention where the assisters needed to be. Lets say you need to be within 10 other the target (demon) or the main caster (the warden).

With 1 success the demons regeneration is reduced and his defenses, and to-hit are reduced by 1.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''You're holding up well Raiyek, keep him focused on you! At the rate he's going, I can keep you alive a long time.''

Hadrak strikes true with a powerful bolt of light and the after glow reinforce Raiyek.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard
Sacred flame vs Reflex (1d20+11=26) yes, a hit. But no damage roll because, you know, I like to prolong my fun. *sigh*
Radiant Damage (1d6+10=15)

15 damage, I gain +1 to all defenses TENT and Raiyek gains +5 temp hp.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing the magic begin to weaken around the beast, the warlock continues the pressure, calling more bolts of darkness. Its defenses weakened, the beast roars at the spell wounds it. The tide is turning. We shall continue distracting it. Forward, He of the Staff![sblock=Actions]EB: Hit (Ref 24), 20hp.[/sblock][sblock=Incarnation (Shield of Faith)]Incarnation—Male Warforged Infernal Warlock 5
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 19, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 47/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 11/11
+2 save vs. ongoing damage
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Hellish Rebuke

Fiery Bolt
Chains of Levistus

Tyrannical Threat
Tyranny of Flames