[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss, stunned from the roar of the mighty Bosch, tries to collect himself.

OOC: Current stat summary: STUNNED
HP: 87+7temp/98 SurgeValue: 25 Surges: 10/11
AC:27 Fort:24 Reflex:20 Will:23 Resist 1 ALL
Action Points: used Second Wind: not used Resist: none Speed:5 Conditions: +5 damage

dimsdale

First Post
GM:

1. [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] Regarding (BUT if Bosch -2 from being immobilized is cumulative with prone penalty he still misses because his roll is 28
biggrin.png
) If it is my call, I say not cumulative. If a judge wants to chime in to tell me that I'm wrong, by all means do so :). Until then, Rocco takes the damage and ongoing 10 plus -4 AC (save ends). Also, Neurotic had a bunch of triggered immediate actions. Vimak took some damage but it was negated by his temp hp so I assume you don't want to swap rocco and vimak's position. Let me know.

Bosch, after taking another brutal attack from the dwarf, unloads on the party. As Rocco moves to a new position, Bosch's tail hits him square in the chest, knocking the wind out of the dwarf and flinging him backwards. Another blast of acid spews in the direction of Nementah, Quan, Vimak and Xerzuzu. All take damage, but Quan and Nementah take direct hits. The dragon then stands, still restrained by the power of magic of the branch. This doesn't stop the great dragon from reaching its massive claws in the direction of Rocco and the paladin. The dwarf ducks away from the attack, but the paladin is not so lucky. The dragon smiles wickedly at the heros, obviously please with the carnage it had done. Bosch then speaks to Nementah.
I know not the magic cast on me shaman, but know now that I shall soon be freed when you and your allies die...heh heh heh.

The dragon's laugh is all that can be heard as Bosch's last action is to enclose itself as well as those around him in total darkness. Those encased by the darkness find themselves virtually blinded by the darkness.

[sblock=Heroes turn]
Quan:
Vimak:
Rocco: hits Bosch for 30
Skalisss:
Primera:
Nementah:
Sharpe:
Sharpe's Dragon:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Turn]
Baddies turn:
Bosch
***Immediate reaction: Tail Strike (triggered when Rocco moves to a position where it flanks Bosch dragon; at-will) The dragon attacks the enemy with its tail: reach 2; +20 vs. Reflex; 2d10 + 7
damage, and the target is pushed 1 square.
Hit (31) for 19-5 = 14 and Rocco pushed to current location
Roll Lookup

***C Bloodied Breath (free, when first bloodied; encounter) ✦ Acid The dragon’s breath weapon recharges, and the dragon uses it immediately.

Close blast 5; +20 vs. Reflex; 2d12 + 12 acid damage: 10 ongoing acid damage and -4 AC (save ends both). Miss: Half
attack effects Quan, Nementah, Vimak and Xerzuzu
Quan (Crit Hit) for 36-5 = 31 plus 10 ongoing acid damage and -4 AC (save ends)
Nementah (Crit Hit) for 36-5 = 31 plus 10 ongoing acid damage and -4 AC (save ends)
Vimak: miss (half damage) = 12-5 = 7
Xerzuzu: Hit (35) for 25-5 =20
Roll Lookup

Minor: Stand

Movement: none

Attack: mClaw M Double Attack (standard; at-will)
The dragon makes two claw attacks. mClaw (standard; at-will)
Reach 2; +22 vs. AC; 2d8 + 7 damage.
Attack 1 vs Rocco: miss
Attack 2 vs Skalisss: Crit: for 23-5 = 18

Roll Lookup

save vs slowed: yes

recharge breath weapon: Nope

AP 2: Cloud of Darkness
Cloud of Darkness (standard; sustain minor; recharge ⚃ ⚄ ⚅ )
✦ Zone
Close burst 2; this power creates a zone of darkness that remains
in place until the end of the dragon’s next turn. The zone blocks
line of sight for all creatures except the dragon. Any creature
entirely within the area (except the dragon) is blinded.

Malifixindalaunt
Stunned this round :(
[/sblock]

[sblock=Damage to Enemies this round]
Total Damage to Enemies:
Bosch: -30 (which now makes the dragon bloodied
[/sblock]

[sblock=Total Damage to Allies this round]

Total Damage to Allies:
Rocco: hit for 19-5 = 14 and 10-5 ongoing damage from last round = 19-7=11
Nementah: hit for 31 -17 temp = 14 damage plus ongoing 10 acid and -4 ac penalty (save ends)
Quan: hit for 31 plus ongoing 10 acid and -4 ac penalty (save ends)
Xerzuzu: hit for 20 - 20 tmp hp = 0 damage
Vimak: 7 damage - 7 temp = 0 damage
Skalisss: hit for 18-7 temp = 11 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Heroes Stats]
Party:
Nementah: 10 ongoing acid damage (save ends)
HP 52/88 THP 0, Bloodied 44, Surge Value 22, Surges 12/12
AC 23 Fortitude 27 Reflex 24 Will 26

Primera:
HP 16/16 THP 22 AC 23 Fortitude 27 Reflex 24 Will 26
If she takes 16hp in single melee or ranged attack she dissapears and Nementah takes 11 damage (can be reduced by DR)

Xerzuzu: 10 Ongoing Acid Damage (save ends)
HP: 22 THP 2 Healing Surges: none, but you can lose
a healing surge for the guard if an effect allows it to spend one
Defenses: AC: 23; Fort: 26; Ref: 24; Will 26

Rocco: 10 Ongoing Acid Damage (save ends)
HP: 83/99 TEMP: 0 SurgeValue: 25 Surges: 12/13
AC:30+1(ring) Fort:27 Reflex:24 Will:23

Skalisss:
HP:87 /98 THP 0 SurgeValue: 25 Surges: 10/11
AC:27 Fort:24 Reflex:20 Will:23 Resist 1 ALL

Quan: 10 ongoing acid damage (save ends)
AC: 26, For: 21, Ref: 25, Will: 25
HP: 18/76, THP 0 Bloodied: 38, Surge value: 19, Surges/day: 8/8

Vimak: -15 THP 0 @Walking Dad please post updated stats

Sharpe: healed @Luinnar please post updated stats

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Stats]
Bosch: 369/750: Restrained Bloodied
Max (Sharpe's old mount): 60/60
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Information]

Bosch
Initiative +13 Senses Perception +15; darkvision
HP 750; Bloodied 375; see also bloodied breath
AC 30; Fortitude 29, Reflex 27, Will 29
Resist 20 acid
Saving Throws +5
Speed 6, fly 8 (hover), overland flight 12
Action Points 2
mBite (standard; at-will) ✦ Acid
Reach 2; +22 vs. AC; 2d8 + 7 plus 3d6 acid damage.
mClaw (standard; at-will)
Reach 2; +22 vs. AC; 2d8 + 7 damage.
M Double Attack (standard; at-will)
The dragon makes two claw attacks.
M Tail Strike (immediate reaction, when an enemy moves to a
position where it flanks Bosch dragon; at-will)
The dragon attacks the enemy with its tail: reach 2; +20 vs.
Reflex; 2d10 + 7 damage, and the target is pushed 1 square.
C BreathWeapon (standard; recharge 4,5,6 ) ✦ Acid
Close blast 5; +20 vs. Reflex; 2d12 + 12 acid damage: 10 ongoing acid damage and -4 AC (save ends both). Miss: Half
damage.
C Bloodied Breath (free, when first bloodied; encounter) ✦ Acid
The dragon’s breath weapon recharges, and the dragon uses it
immediately.
Cloud of Darkness (standard; sustain minor; recharge ⚃ ⚄ ⚅ )
✦ Zone
Close burst 2; this power creates a zone of darkness that remains
in place until the end of the dragon’s next turn. The zone blocks
line of sight for all creatures except the dragon. Any creature
entirely within the area (except the dragon) is blinded.

C Frightful Presence (standard; encounter) ✦ Fear
Close burst 5; targets enemies; +20 vs. Will; the target is stunned
until the end of the dragon’s next turn. After effect: The target
takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends).

Malifixindalaunt
(Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 60/60; Bloodied 30 Surge 1/1
AC 21; Fortitude 21; Reflex 18; Will 18
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect: Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

See Statblock
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Summary]

Summary of Events
1. Prevented a flesh golem from killing the Weinfurter family. Body guard turned bad.
2. Dismantled the Crossed Sword and Skull Gang by killing Leader Hank the Tank
3. Prevented a possible encounter with a pack of wolves...for the moment
4. Alpha wolf presents orb of nature to Lerrick who gives it to Nementah.
5. Halleck finds orb of elements after party defeats band of ogres and a hill giant. He gives it to Raijin.
6. Defeated Bosch's dragonborn minions who tried to disrupt the ritual for removing the mark of Lerrick.
7. Mark is successfully removed from Lerrick by brother Buchta.
8. Encounter the great dragon Bosch for the first time. Dragon leaves but swears revenge.
9. Party returns Lerrick to mother in Daunton, but the father was not there as he was on an urgent task for brother Navio, something related to the shield.
10. Rocco tested for invoking a god. The party as well as other patrons at the tavern help defend Rocco from her wrath.
11. Party helps Druid retrieve artifact: The Branch of Life
12. Killed beholders that were feasting on druids
13. Destroyed gate portal to hell
14. Moved to room that contained a tomb with a shield impression exact like the shield Halleck possess. A wizard named Vlastoes tries in vain to open it. He unleashes undead minions to slay the heroes.
15. The spells prove too powerful for the wizard and he is killed, temporarily...as his body is consumed by some unknown power which strips the wizard of his flesh and takes his soul stone, thus converting the wizard into a lich.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION],
OOC: Did I miss some damage to my temp hp? Nementah should also have 22thp like Xerzuzu and resist 5 so total damage should be 31 -5 -22 = 4hp

OOC:
I agree, I only looked at the line 31 - 17...and 5 from 22 went from ongoing. Sorry about that. On related note: 3 crits for the dragons!?

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
GM: [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] My calculations show that Nementah had 17 temp left from last round. I took -5 off the original 36 damage to make it 31. I think the math is correct

Last edited:

OOC:
I agree, I only looked at the line 31 - 17...and 5 from 22 went from ongoing. Sorry about that. On related note: 3 crits for the dragons!?

Nementah tsk-tsked at the dragon.
"No magic, Bosch. I am sidhe lord and this forest obeys my will through this branch of life - if you want to survive this, come and get it!"
She swirls the branch through the air as she sings short phrase in sylvan. The wind picks up and blasts through the darkness. Not seeing if the dragon is affected as this is not really what this spell is for, she looks over her companions to see if they are cleaned of the foul acid.

"Quan, touch Primera!" as the hunter obeys, life giving energy flows from the spirit, essentially restoring the hunter to his original state and even restoring some vitality to the paladin.

Finally, she and her guardian move away from the melee

[sblock="Actions"]
Take 10-5 = 5 damage; Xerzuzu takes 10

Standard: Cleansing Wind of the North vs Fort (Bosch); cold damage (1d20+15=34, 1d10+6=11) - everyone but Sharpe can make saving throw at +5 ;)

Minor: Healing spirit on [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]/Quan for surge +18 and either gain +2 AC & Ref or shift 1 as free action; [MENTION=45437]JRYoung[/MENTION]/Skaliss heals surgeless Healing spirit bonus (2d6+3=7)

Move: Nementah to D8, Xerzuzu to I7; Primera stays put (granting everyone adjacent +1 to NADs - Quan and Skaliss)

Nementah save; Xerzuzu spell save; Xerzuzu save (1d20=6, 1d20+5=6, 1d20=14)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
I can't see, I'm blind! Help help help! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sharpe screams, causing the dragon to flail around trying to knock him off.

I can see! Sharpe says as the dragon stumbles out of the cloud. Must of had my eyes closed again...

Now dragon, lets get out of here! he shouts, kicking his heels into his mount.
[sblock=Gromit, Draconic]
Foolish mortal, I shall eat your flesh of you and your companions! the Pact Dragon rages, flying next to Vimak to get a bite.[/sblock]

What? I can't hear you! I just remembered that there is a dragon in that dark cloud! Sharpe shouts over the sounds of battle.

Here dragon, dragon, dragon, Nice dragon! Come to Sharpie! Sharpe shouts, causing allies to flee, teamates to heal, and temp HP to rain like a summer storm (some things just happen too fast to know exactly what happened).

OOC: Turn Summary: Xerzuzu, Vimak and Primera get to flee from the madman slide 5 squares as a free action.

Quan spends 1 surge, gains a surge worth of HP and a surge worth of THP (overrides but not stack with other THP)

Every ally besides Sharpe and Quan gains 14 THP!

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Knack for success, Pact Dragon shifts 2 squares north out of OA.

Standard: Shout of triumph burst 3 from J10. miss, but Xerzuzu, Vimak and Primera get to slide 5 squares as a free action.

AP Standard: Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Sharpe loses his second wind and everyone ally with 5 squares besides Sharpe gains 14 THP!.

Minor: Revitalizing incantation on Quan, Quan spends 1 surge, gains a surge worth of HP and a surge worth of THP (overides the other THP)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Moment of Escape]
Moment of Escape. (Encounter Move Ranged 10; Arcane)
Target:
One ally
Effect: Sharpe slides the target 4 squares.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sharpe (updated sats)]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 6
Init: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 15 Will 19, Spd: 5
HP 61/61+4
Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 10/11
AP: 0, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +8 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8+2 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike, Martyr's Saddle
Majestic Word X1, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion, Moment of Escape, Noxious Breath (Dragon), Revitalizing Incantation, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Song of Discord, Come and Become Sharpe's Pet! (Ring of Dragon's power 1 ), Dragon I Choose You! (Ring of Dragon's power 2 ), Armor of the Exalted +1

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Gromit The Pact Dragon]
Adult Pact Dragon Level 13 Skirmisher
Large immortal magical beast (dragon, mount)
HP 14+134/134; Bloodied 67
AC 27; Fortitude 26; Reflex 25; Will 25
Speed 7, fly 10 (hover), overland flight 14
Resist 10 fire, 10 psychic
Initiative +13
Perception +15
Darkvision

Traits
Skirmish +2d6
If, on its turn, the pact dragon ends its move at least 4 squares away from its starting point, it deals 2d6 extra damage with its melee attacks until the start of its next turn.

Standard Actions
m Bite • At-Will
Attack: Reach 2; +18 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 7 damage.

C Breath Weapon (fire) • Recharge 5 6
Attack: Close blast 5; +15 vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d12 + 12 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Minor Actions
Astral Jaunt (mount) • Recharge 6
Effect: The pact dragon disappears into the Astral Sea, teleporting 10 squares. Its rider teleports with it.

Triggered Actions
M Bloodied Breath (fire) • Encounter
Trigger: When first bloodied.
Effect (Free): The dragon’s breath weapon recharges, and the dragon uses it immediately.
Other Powers

M Aggressive Charger (mount) • At-Will
Requirements: While mounted by a friendly rider of 13th level or higher.
Effect: When it charges, the pact dragon makes a bite attack in addition to its rider’s charge attack.

Pledged Rider (mount) • At-Will
Action: While mounted by a friendly rider of 13th level or higher.
Effect: Any damage dealt to the pact dragon can be redirected to the rider, and vice versa.

Skills Endurance +17, Insight +15
Str 24 (+13) Dex 20 (+11) Wis 18 (+10)
Con 22 (+12) Int 15 (+8) Cha 16 (+9)
Alignment evil Languages Deep Speech, Draconic, telepathy 20
Monster found in Draconomicon 1 and Compendium0)Alignment Evil Languages —
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Quan reels from the acid attack, but the support and healing of Namentah and (unexpectedly) Sharpe closes his wounds.

Despite the darkness, Quan draws an arrow and listens for the dragones movement and breathing. The arrow released flies true and strikes the dragon surrounded by darkness.

[sblock=Actions]
Prior to turn: Granted save: 15 eliminates ongoing damage.

Prior to turn: Gain 37 HP from Namentah plus +2 AC and reflex TENT

Prior to turn: Gain 19 HP and 19 THP from Sharpe.

Standard: Aimed Shot vs. Bosche: (aimed shot takes penalty from cover to a maximum of -2, invoke assassin's shroud): 1d20+19+2+2+1-2, 1d12+2d6+12+4 → ([19, 19, 2, 2, 1, -2], [4, 5, 2, 12, 4]) Roll. Hit AC 41 for 27 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock= Quan's Stats] Leopold "Quan" Thatcher- Male Human, Peerless Hunter 11
[sblock=Aspect of the Regal Lion]
1. When making a basic attack against an enemy that is large or larger, Quan gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.
2. Quan gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses against such enemies.
[/sblock]

Status: DR5, +2 all defenses vs. large enemies, +19 THP, +2 AC/reflex TENT

Initiative: +11, Passive perception: 24, Passive Insight: 19

AC: 26 (30), For: 21 (23), Ref: 25 (29), Will: 25 (27)

HP: 19 THP 74/76, Bloodied: 38, Surge value: 19, Surges/day: 8/8

Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin

AP: 0

Second Wind: unused

[sblock=Orb of the Hunter]
1. Stealth checks: +4
2. Ranged attack Rolls: +1
3. Damage rolls: +4 to all damage
4. +1 AC (already accounted for above)
[/sblock]

Powers:
Aimed Shot
Clever Shot
Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot 1, 2, 3, 4
Heroic Effort
Reactive Shift

Takedown Strike
Hunter's Thorn Trap
Assassin's Shroud 1, 2
Healing Lore
Entangling Roots
Hero's Armor Daily

Effects:
+1 to defenses when bloodied
+3 damage to isolated targets
+1d6 damage against foes who haven't acted yet in battle
[/sblock]

[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION], you may want to move the center of your "move field" a bit to the right, Xerzuzu will use your shift, but only to escape and Primera cannot shift (not a creature)

Xerzuzu shifts to E7, unless Luinar changes this...

Remove ads