Adventure: Brotherhood Returned? (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the hold up. I never received an email notification that the thread had been updated.[/sblock]

Carolina spots the approaching Porse. Determined to end this, she levels her crossbow and lets fly, then scurries back behind another of the cannons.

[sblock=Actions]Sly Flourish vs. Porse; CRIT for 35 damage plus 12 additional critical damage for a total of 47 points of damage.

Move: K13, Stealth 1d20+15=20 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
The adventurers dropped Porse with their flurry of attacks. As the treacherous sailor hit the deck, so did the remaining foe's Crossbow. "I... I was just following orders!"

What remaining of the crew cowered in the belly of the ship, fearful of what may follow as the sounds of battle end, and Porse's booming voice is absent.

[sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives
Everyone: Report back to Byron & decide what to do with the information about the brotherhood.
[sblock=LB3 Summary]
Summary of Events
1. Bested Pirates en route to Allaria. Traveled on the ship Wind's Will captained by Captain Levenbrech, and mated by Porse and Trig.
2. Arrived in the port, to find it besieged by Lizards from the unending mire. Defeated lizards and met/teamed up with Charina.
3. Journeyed to Geardagas and asked the locals for information with mixed results (link to the leads gathered).
4. Went to the temple of Netari, where the new priest, Father Niris, has been tending to the ill (apparently quite poorly). He led the players into the catacombs, where his zombie minions ambushed. The priest, over confident, rambled on about Hellview (background reference for players).
5. Dealing a mortal blow to the Priest, he says Master De Luccia (First time they have heard the name) cannot be stopped, and he stated that Greggor "will be... among the first... at Hellview." The priest laid dying on the floor with his fallen minions.
6. As they approach Hellview, they encounter the ghost of Sir Alistair Glasston, who begged them to enter the cave and retrieve his lost battleaxe.
7. They entered Hellview, and came across a portal, as well as some guards/workers. It seems they were using zombies to dig a new path near the portal...
8. They step through the portal into a bizarre world. A demon statue looms ahead, with a tall gate behind. The bodies of fallen adventurers, as well as a dead demon, lay about the floor. Wil Triggered the Demon statue trap, alerting the nearby demon's.
9. After a long battle, they slew all of the demons who had come through the hell gate, and they found Sir Alistair Glasston's lost battleaxe. But Greggor was still missing, and there is the question of why the demons were digging.
10. Hergunna departed the group to alert the local militia, while the others pressed ahead North, trying to find the source of the demon-aligned miners, as well as the lost silver.
11. They came upon a wall blocking the road to the mine. Mounted knight Brother Arleas leads a band of outlaws and zombies to defend the mine entrance. After slaying the Knight and half his men, the remaining wizards and archers closed the gate. The battle continued until only the fat temporal wizard, Alaria, remained alive. She pleaded for her life to be spared.
12. Alaria identified the men who hired her as being part of the Brotherhood.
13. They entered the mine and found Greggor with some other miners. Greggor shows them a path recently carved from the mine into the Hellview portal tunnels. They are using the tunnel to subvert the protection which bars them from exiting the portal into Alaria.
14. By the portal, they opened up the wall to reveal a hidden demon temple. Inside, Master De Luccia brings the demon Amendfohl (the same demon that Sir Alistair Glasston fought during the fall of Allaria) back to life. De Luccia Declared, "The time for the Brotherhood of the Bright Eon is once again at hand." The players slay the demon, and De Luccia offers them a deal where everyone just walks away. The players balk, and attack. DeLuccia drops Kruk and threatens to kill the dwarf if they don't leave, but the players press the attack, and kill the brotherhood master as well.
[/sblock]Summary of Events
1. The adventurers return to Geardagas. They meet with Count Saga, who puts them on a quest to Alert Daunton to the Brotherhood threat and request aid for Allaria. They are joined by the mage Khemnos.
2. They board the Wind's Will to return back to Daunton, but things seem off. The Captain and his second mate are missing; First Mate Porse seems to be running the ship, and he is his usual unfriendly self. Over dinner, they question Porse, and get a bad feeling about the Sailor's intentions.
3. The Sailors made a move against the adventurers at night. The sea is rough.

[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
GM: We've reached the end (at least for now)
I've been struggling with this decision for some time, but I have decided to end the campaign. I haven't been able to devote the time it requires, and especially over the past month I feel like I have been dragging the game along at a snail's pace. And with this lack of time, I find myself also losing the passion to keep it going. Having returned the players to Daunton, this seems a good place to stop.

I'm sorry I can't keep it going, especially since this experience award will kick most of you in to PP. It's been a great ride, and I appreciate all of your time and efforts as players. I have some lasting memories from this 2 year run. You have been a stellar bunch of players.

Also, big ups to HMG who took me on as Judge, stuck it out this whole time, and put up with my (at times incessant) questions.

@H.M.Gimlord;
[sblock=Treasure & XP Summary submitted for approval]
Total EXP
Charina, Wil, Carolina, Kruk, Khemnos Total EXP: 6269 XPKane Total EXP: 267 XP

Total Gold
Charina, Wil, Carolina, Kruk, KhemnosTotal Gold: 11281 XP

W O R K S H E E T

EXPERIENCE

Encounter 1: Skill
- All six players
- level: 9
- Complexity: 2

EXP: (400 x 2) x2 = 1600
EXP per player: 267

Encounter 2: Combat Challenge
- 5 players
- 1 Haneth Tsalaxa – L9 Elite Lurker – 800 XP
- 1 Tarkanan Assassin – L9 Elite Skirmisher – 400 XP
- 2 Human Dire Beast Hunter – L9 Artillery – 400 XP
- 1 Bartleby Haff – L9 Soldier (leader) – 400 XP
- 3 Human Pirate – L9 Skirmisher – 400 XP
- 1 Porse (Reskin: Royal Eyes Elite Agent) - L10 Elite Skirmisher - 1000 XP

Total EXP: (4600) x 2 = 9200 XP
EXP per player: 1840

Time Experience
8/1/2011 - 12/23/2011

Wil Rando: 145 days awarded at L10
Time Exp: 145 * (916/30) = 4427

Khemnos: 145 days awarded at L10

Kruk: 145 days awarded at L10

Carolina: 145 days awarded at L10

Charina: 145 days awarded at L10

Time GOLD
Wil Rando: 145 days awarded at L10
Time Gold: 145 * (2334/30) = 11281

Khemnos: 145 days awarded at L10

Kruk: 145 days awarded at L10

Carolina: 145 days awarded at L10

Charina: 145 days awarded at L10

[/sblock][sblock=DM Credits submitted for Approval]
Requesting 8 DM credits for four months work (7/21/2011 - 11/21/2011).

Included a couple days from the end of last adventure.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION] Thanks for the last two years Tenchuu. It's been a fun ride. :) I'm sad to see it come to an end, but I totally understand your reasoning.

Last edited:

Remove ads