• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: I need 2 HS. And Doggie's been refreshed already (after the bridge fight) so he's out (once per day recharge). So, if no one else wants it, the hammer it is then. Oh, and Init 17.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The recharge would be nice for Roswyn's orb, but she doesn't have a magic item daily power use left, oh well. (Vertexx I hope you have one for the hammer! ;))[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Update coming a bit later tonight. It may be overcast and about 60, but ribs for dinner are great. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=R1]Just wanted to remind you about the poison you found on the gnomes; you know if you forgot. ;)[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yes but Roswyn used one since the last milestone so...

Actually, do they accumulate like action points do? So if you have not used a daily item power and reach a milestone, you now have two uses? (Wouldn't matter for Roswyn in this case, she used one before the milestone too.)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Yes, you get one use per milestone (just like you get one AP per). That is my reading.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=OOC]that would be the way I read it as well, otherwise there would be no point to the power. Ok so Rohna is now down to 8 HS left. Any item daily power is better than just a 1 shot +2 to dmg, so I don't care who gets it as long as somebody does. I used my daily item power before the last milestone, so I could use my hammer power again. But if someone else can do more than an extra 1d6 be my guest ;)[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Go for it Vertexx! Extra 1d6 is better than a flat +2. Well, 2 out of 3 times it will be. :)[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just wanted to not that Tondrek's ability either recharges a daily item ability or gives a weapon a +2 to attack(not damage) once before the next extended rest. Also, since Tamarand failed his save against the mummy rot, it means until he gets worse he only regains half hp from healing effects.[/sblock]

The group goes past the tomb area. Coming to a corner, they find a narrow shallow fissure running down the middle of the hallway. The dark, murky water flows into a heavy grate, and under the wall. Continuing forward the group can see the area ahead of them upen up into a very large room. Glowing moss covers the entire hallway, illuminating the entire room. Brown water fills the room, it's depth impossible to know, until you see the creatures that wait within the room.

The room itself is diamond shaped, with platforms upon each wall, each one five feet higher than the one before it, until they reach the ceiling where the long platforms at seperated by a narrow gap. Large openings disappear in shadows along all four west/east platforms.

Two creatures stand in the water to your left, and two more to your right. In each pair stands two very distinct kobolds. One kobold of the pair holds a shining longsword, and wears heavy black scale armor. The other looks like it used to be a kobold. It's flesh is covered in pus-filled boils and it's body is heavily misshapen with bulges along it's back and arms. Sickle-like talons are on the end of each finger. Thanks to the creatures in the water, it appears the water is only about calf deep.

Further above, on the top most platforms wait two more creatures. Wielding dark staves, they have a black scale imbedded into their otherwise naked chests. Arcane magic surges around them.

Init: Round 1

Vertexx: 19
Tondrek: 17
Baddies: 16
Tamarand: 13
Shava: 7
Roswyn: 5

[sblock=ooc]Okay, this is a 3 dimensional encounter, so pay attention here. There are platforms interspersed around the outer edge of the room. Each one is labeled with a letter of the alphabet from A to I. Ledge A is 5 feet off the ground, and each one thereafter is 5' higher than the last. So B is 10' off the ground, D is 20', F is 30', etc, until you reach ledges H and I. These two ledges are at equal height of 40'. The dotted lines represent the end of platforms B and F. H and I are longer platforms. The ceiling of the room is 50'. To make things simple, it is a DC 17 Athletics or Acrobatics check to reach a platform with a running start(10') or DC 21 without a running start.

There are openings in the walls on platforms H, I, F, and B. You cannot currently see into these openings.[/sblock]

Attachments

• den.xls
    19 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yuck. Roswyn is going to have a hard time getting around these ledges. She doesn't do Acrobatics or Athletics.

What's the horizontal line right in front of the party? Is the entrance a ledge as well?[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads