• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]That is indeed a miss, and a hit. Your aim may be off though, unless I am reading things wrong. The area should be LMN, not KLM right? Otherwise it doesn't catch the W.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I may have misread the map, or there had been movement since the map was made. But I thought the W was 3 squares away from the K meaning the area could not affect both. And in any case to use the Orb I could target only one of the enemies, since the orb can't be used to hit a target that was also a target of the original attack. It may seem weird to be able to hit the W when he was outside the area, but that's how the Orb of Deception thing works.

(I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say I wouldn't have targeted both originally if I could have... but maybe so. I know the W's Will defense is really high, I wanted to get that extra +4 to hit him.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Judge]Is there a rule on sliding an enemy though a zone that deals damage? As what's happening above. I believe they get a save to avoid the forced movement, but even so, I don't think they can take the damage more than once per turn. That way you can't just slide a creature in and out of damaging terrain/zones. I'll rule it as 10 damage for now.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]There is debate over whether the save vs. forced movement would apply to a zone like this. Basically it comes down to whether something created by a power, such as a zone, counts as "hindering terrain". I come down on the side that "terrain" is only stuff that is placed by the DM before the encounter and does not include power effects, but there are many who believe, not unreasonably, that power effects should be treated as terrain if they share the same characteristics. Honestly I dont think it's clear-cut either way and probably should just come down to DM/judge choice.

As for sliding him through the zone multiple times... that one also is not spelled out either way in the rules. I think there may be a customer service response saying that moving them from square to square in the zone doesn't do extra damage, but if you move them out and in multiple times, then each time they go in they take the damage.

*edit* here are some posts containing CS/Sage Advice responses about these questions FWIW:

There was also a post earlier in that same thread with a CS response about moving in and out multiple times doing multiple damage, but the forum change over there ate the content... it was post #27.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Tamarand runs backstage again, but this time the curtain swaying after his movement throws off his aim and the orb again goes well wide of his target.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: to T7
Standard: Acid Orb at M- 1D20 + 11 => 16 (from Dice Room), if that miraculously hits (Note I f'd up the to hit roll, only hits Ref 13)
1D10 + 11 => 19 dmg
Minor: Curse Dice Room

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniMe]
Tamarand —Male Drow Sorceror 4
Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19— Speed:6 (7 on mount)
*Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -1 penalty.
HP: 24/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Acid Orb
Blazing Starfall

Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
Bedeviling Burst
Flame Spiral
Spatial Trip

Ice Javelins
Skald's Leather Armour +1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mount]
*Left Behind*
Giant Lizard, Draft
Large natural beast Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
HP 69; Bloodied 34
AC 17*; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
*+1 from light barding

Bite (Standard, at-will)

+7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.

Alignment Unaligned Languages --
Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0)
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Stepping forward, Tondrek sees Little Big Girl in pain, and quickly tosses his last infusion to try to bolster her. He then raised his crossbow again, another shock shaking the knight![sblock=Actions]Shift to I7. As a minor, use last Healing Infusion (speak that HS retroactively) on R for Curative Admixture: HS+3 hp gained. Then Static Shock vs. K again: Ref 27 9 lightning and -3 to damage to its next attack.[/sblock][sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 6
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 45/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 5/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike

Icebound Sigil
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Battle Staff +1 (daily)
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
2 Clockwork Bombs
2 Woundpatches
2 Alchemist's Acids

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 7 Action:

Rohna breaths a sigh of relief as the infusion washes over her, bringing her back into fighting shape. She tries to swing at the knight again but the wash of healing energy throws off his aim. Even as the crushing blow glances off its armor, another wave of life washes up into her arm."Many thanks my steely centurian."
[sblock=Actions]Free:
Minor:
Move:
Standard: Crushing Surge vs (K) Crushing Surge=16, 1d10+6=9 gaining 4THP and marking it.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Rohna]Rohna AC24, HP 33/51 (Temp HP 4), Resist all 1, Surges/Value 10/13, Saves: F21/R16/W16, AP: 1
Powers:
Cleave
Crushing Surge
Throwing Shield

Pass Forward
Rhino Strike
Shield Bash

Stone's Endurance

Spirit's Fang
Spirit Speak
Villain's Menace
[/sblock]OOC - I don't know what kinds of bonuses there might be at this point, but the base roll is there. And whther or not W is pushed by the shield bash it is still knocked prone with no save.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Zone area]So yeah, the zone area was supposed to be KLM not LMN. As mentioned before the Orb trick still works even though the W was not in the original area, in fact it only works because he was not an original target of the spell.

I don't think it matters too much as the zone is about to go away. It does mean I can't knock the K into the zone for more damage, since he's actually already in the zone.[/sblock]

[sblock=Plink, plink]Man, we've all used our big powers, right? It's taking a while to wear these guys down, they aren't even bloodied. Once they are bloodied Roswyn can try to Intimidate them into surrender, but I think the odds will be against that working. Just keep plinking, I guess.[/sblock]

Roswyn sighs, and sends a blast of fire through the door to explode next to both kobolds. The zone of grasping shadows winks out.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Scorching burst @ K8. (1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=21, 1d6+6=9) Oops, I forgot to say which roll was against which... I was thinking K then W (reading left to right)... but Evo, feel free to flip a coin to see which roll goes with which target if you want. (The attack targets Reflex.)
Reaction: Roswyn will use Fade Away if hit by an attack.[/sblock]
[sblock=Roswyn stat block]Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19 -- Speed:5
HP:25/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:4/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: NOT USED
Powers: Cantrips, Phantom Bolt, Scorching Burst, Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Daunting Presence, Horrid Whispers, Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Shava charges toward the wizard again, seeing the shadows fade away. She quickly slips behind him, so that he was wedged between herself and Rhona.

She quickly summons up a small storm, charging her blade as she cuts through.

[sblock=actions]Move to L8.
Lightning Strike vs Wizard. 20 vs reflex. 13lightning damage to the wizard and 6 lightning damage to the other kobold.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Stepping forward, Tondrek sees Little Big Girl in pain, and quickly tosses his last infusion to try to bolster her. The liquid smells of oil and iron, patching her wounds. He then raised his crossbow again, another shock shaking the knight!

Tamarand runs backstage again, but this time the curtain swaying after his movement throws off his aim and the orb again goes well wide of his target. It flies over the grasping shadows and is swallowed up by the zone.

-''Oh! This is so disappointing!'' Brenron wails when his previous spell proved innefective. ''Well, tenacity is supposed to be a dwarven virtue, so...'' The bolts of lightning arc through the grasping shadows, barely missing the wizard, striking the wall behind it. The other bolts arcs over Tondrek's shoulder, making his hair stand on end. Brenron snorts in disgust and steps back behind the curtain.

[sblock=ooc]Both miss.[/sblock]

Rohna breaths a sigh of relief as the infusion washes over her, bringing her back into fighting shape. She tries to swing at the knight again but the wash of healing energy throws off her aim. Even as the crushing blow glances off its armor, another wave of life washes up into her arm."Many thanks my steely centurian."

Roswyn sighs, and sends a blast of fire through the door to explode next to both kobolds. The zone of grasping shadows winks out. The fire scorces both kobolds as they can't dance out of the way. The edges of the spellcaster's purple robes smolder, while the armor of the other glows red with heat.

[sblock=ooc]I had Shava delay until after Roswyn, to not be in the zone.[/sblock]

Shava charges toward the wizard again, seeing the shadows fade away. She quickly slips behind him, so that he was wedged between herself and Rohna.

She quickly summons up a small storm, charging her blade as she cuts through. The wizard laughs, too deep for his size and raises his own implement, a fine wooden cane, set with a gemstone. The gemstone sparkles and a shield of black scales foils the attack.

The knight strikes out at Rohna, manages to find a gap in her armor, but the goliath doesn't even feel it when the blade emerges from under her shinguard, wet with new blood.

[sblock=ooc]Rohna hit for two damage(after DR and -3)[/sblock]

The spellcaster raises his cane above his head, willing the storm to continue. Stepping from the flank and once again chanting out, flame flickers out from the gem, growing into a long tail, it spins around him striking out at it's foes. Tondrek feels fire burn his chest, and Rohna's hair catches alight. Shava seeing it coming is able to duck underneath.

[sblock=ooc]W vs ref of Tondrek, Rohna, Shava (1d20+9=22, 1d20+9=23, 1d20+9=15, 1d10+7=9, 1d6=2) Tondrek and Rohna hit for 9(8) fire damage. Any enemy that starts it's turn adjacient or moves adjacient to W takes 2 fire damage. I've already subtracted this from Shava's hp in the stats below. W, now bloodied has a bonus to att/dam[/sblock]

Round 8

Roswyn: 14-Acted
Shava: 13--Acted
Kobolds: 10--Acted
Tondrek: 9--
Tamarand: 9--
Brenron: 9--
Rohna: 4--

Tondrek: 34/53 6/10(13) AP: 1
Shava: 19/39 7/7(9) AP: 1--bloodied
Brenron: 26/44 8/9(11) AP: 1 --
Tamarand: 24/41 8/8(10) AP: 0