(Adventure) Duel between Calamar the Dark vs. the Rogue Cain (Pbartender)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbartender

First Post
Just as Calamar begins to shout out a warning, a squad of town guards come striding purposefully up the street. They must have already been on their way.

Four of the guardsmen thick leather cuirasses, steel caps and stout iron-bound cudgels as long as your arm. The fifth wears no armor, but carries a tall oaken staff. All five of them wear the badges of the City of Orusses.

Round 2:

Initiative
Guards: 17 +2 = 19
Calamar: 17 +1 = 18
Cain: 11 +4 = 15
Eberk: 6 +0 = 6
Rogier: 2 +1 = 3

Hardy breaking his stride, the unarmored guard mutters something that you can't quite hear. He gestures toward the two combatants and blows a pinch of finely grained sand dust in their direction.

The duelists' minds grow fuzzy, their eyelids grow heavy, and with a great yawn from each of them, they both slump to the ground, snoring loudly.

The unarmored guard, apparently a wizard, waves the other four forward. Two of the guards rush up and begin divesting Cain and Calamar of their possessions, while the other two manacle wrists and ankles.

Sleep spell targetted on Cain and Calamar. Will save DC 15.
Cain: 3 +1 = 4
Calamar: 2 +0 = 2

Ouch. Bad rolls... Both Cain and Calamar have fallen asleep.

END OF COMBAT.

The wizard-guard gives wave and a nod to Joe's bouncer, and says, "No problem, Al, we've got 'em. Thanks for the tip."

"Can't have the riff-raff besmirching the Inn's good name, and driving off the respectable folk, now can we?" the bouncer replies, heading back into the Red Dragon. "We already had one fellow kack off in here already this week. We don't need another."

The wizard turns to the gathering crowd and announces, "Move along everyone. There's nothing to see here. Move along..."

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Zzzzzzzzzzz

OOC, not to nit pick, ;) , but Calamar gets a +2 to will for being a 1st level wizard and a -1 for low wisdom, if I rolled a 2, I should have a 3:D .

Calamar has dreams about what he is going to say in court.

Pbartender

First Post
crueldespot said:
Wow! 6 second response time. The town guard is no joke.

OOC: Another miracle of modern magic. A message from Joe, and a teleport from the town guard HQ to the Red Dragon Inn, and you've got instant police service.

It was more like a 30 second response time. Joe tipped them off while you were all still back in the bar.

DM-Rocco said:
Zzzzzzzzzzz

OOC, not to nit pick, ;) , but Calamar gets a +2 to will for being a 1st level wizard and a -1 for low wisdom, if I rolled a 2, I should have a 3:D .

Calamar has dreams about what he is going to say in court.

OCC: I think I got your Will save swapped with Cain's... Not that it makes a difference ;). I must have gotten confused because the math on your character sheet was wrong, I believe it listed: "Will: 2 -1 = +2". Still does, in fact. :p

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Well, that was solved fast" Rogier says while greeting the guards, and returning back to the Inn. "Goodday lads, may Hyrag guide you in your lives." he says before closing the door.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
ooc, yes, I just noticed that too when I double checked it, but I didn't want to change anything until after the encounter, don't want people thinking I am cheating or anything;) .

So, what now, smack on the ass and everyone goes their own way, jail time, a court trial? Personnaly, I was going to duel him one on one on the beach, away from the law, as in each take 30 paces or something, but his actions crossing the threshold have altered my opinion.

Now, I wish to roll play it as an assassination attempt and see if I can get him some jail time:p .

Pbartender

First Post
Two guards scoop up the piles of gear, while the other two sling the somnolent offenders over their shoulders, and proceed down the street toward the city gaol with the wizard in the lead.

~~~

Cain and Calamar wake up together in a bare stone room. They are wearing little more than their smallclothes. None of their weapons, armor or other valuable posessions are in sight.

It is no larger than any of the smaller rooms at the inn, but the ceiling is hardly tall enough for Calamar to stand up straight.

The stones are immense granite blocks. They have been polished smooth, and joined so tightly that mortar was unneccessary to seal them.

A single iron door leads out of the room. It has no handle or hinges on the inside. Low stone benches line the other three walls.

A small bit of daylight filters in through a narrow grating high on the wall opposite the door.

Last edited:

crueldespot

First Post
Third verse, same as the first

Cain stands up and stretches on his tiptoes, then reaches out towards Calamar with his hand. He smiles. "Shake my hand?"

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Calamar, stooped over in pain from the wound from the tricky rogue, stands and constantly finds ways to avoid the little man, in spite of the small room.

"Well, it seems as if you have gotten us into another fine mess thief," he said in a pompous tone. He looks down at the hand of the rogue, now, more than before, finding no reason to trust it.

"I am wounded, but I yet live, and as long as I do, I shall not be bullied, least of all by you, guards, guards," he screams, "you can't leave me in here with this person, he tried to kill me. You are condemning me to death, whether by his hidden blade or his insistent rantings and ravings, guards, I demand my day in court!"
OOC, I keep a five foot pace from Cain and as a readied action I will cast ray of enfeeblement on him should he approach me or attack me. Yes, it only has a Verbal and somatic component:p .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads