• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure for young teens?

Quartz

Hero
What you might do as well as recommend the adventure is recommend some adventurers. Do the character creation for him. Otherwise their first session will be consumed with character creation, which is probably not fun at that point. Also, create a quick cheat sheet for him.

delericho

Legend
I found "Sunless Citadel" to be pretty good, and it seemed pretty well-suited to new DMs. It's 3.0, but should run without modification. Remind him to have fun with the character of Meepo.

"Scourge of the Howling Horde" is intended for new DMs. It's a module I have a hard time recommending - I didn't like it - but it might work well for its intended audience.

If he doesn't fear a slightly higher level, I ran "Dungeon of the Fire Opal" for a group of young teens. It went down very well.

I do like the idea of putting together a short module suited for a first-time DM. IMO, we can never have enough of these. And I second Peni's comment about new young DMs not lacking in either ability or creativity. It strikes me that all the next generation really needs is a few solid pointers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads