(Adventure) Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro [Judge - garyh]

ferretguy

First Post
I also wouldn't mind continueing, but it would have to be regular postings. After all wasn't the idea behind this living enworld to have short/quick running adventures?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Okay. Well, here's the deal, people...

I can get online from 3pm to 9pm every day. However, the openings over at my FLGS were taken, which means I have to stay at Subway... and I work at Subway during the hours I can get online.

And I work a lot.

I think I can handle one update a week, possibly two - but don't count on more than one.

I think what I'll do is say that there is going to be one day a week that there will be a definite update on. That gives me a structure that I can work with and determine when I need to have things done, and that gives you a specific day you know to look for an update on, which will help keep things moving smoothly.

For starters, I will update in the next two days - so you'll have one at least by Wednesday.

After that, I'll look at my schedule for work, and see what day would be best for a regular weekly update.

Is everyone ameniable to that?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
I think I can handle one update a week, possibly two - but don't count on more than one.
Is everyone ameniable to that?

well, I hate to be the sqeaky wheel, but this is my line of thinking... Katherine is sort of my 'primary PC' here (well, in general since I have no other gaming outlets at the moment) and the one who I'm most interested in using in interactions, progressing as a character, etc. Its been 8 months in this particular adventure, and with that speed of update, a desire to roleplay out various interactions and the slow speed of play by post combat when and if we get to that, I could easily see this lasting another 4. Because of the way LEW works, I find myself considering what I'd rather my character was doing. At this point, I'd much rather get Katherine back to the inn. :\ But I'd hate to leave the adventure in proccess, especially if others will be continuing it. I've noticed that LEW seems to lead to these sort of "player desire vs character desire" conflicts for me. :(

What do you see as the timetable for this adventure, assuming the posting schedule you are shooting for? I think that might clarify things.

Kahuna Burger

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Knight Otu - aye, will do.

KB - Hard to say. To be completely honest with you, I don't really plan on how long things will take. I plan things out in advance, yes, but I don't really estimate how long it'll take to get to that point.

At a rate of one update/week, including for combats... it could be awhile. A long while. Eight, nine months at the worst would probably be an accurate guess... if I manage to do two updates/week (not likely, but possible), it would probably be in the region of four or five months.

One thing that you haven't considered, and could be a possibility, is that you leave this adventure, and return to it later... things would change between now and then, of course, as the world isn't static, but it would give you an opportunity to level and get in some other adventures while I work on getting more freetime.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
At a rate of one update/week, including for combats... it could be awhile. A long while. Eight, nine months at the worst would probably be an accurate guess... if I manage to do two updates/week (not likely, but possible), it would probably be in the region of four or five months.
:eek: .... :\

One thing that you haven't considered, and could be a possibility, is that you leave this adventure, and return to it later... things would change between now and then, of course, as the world isn't static, but it would give you an opportunity to level and get in some other adventures while I work on getting more freetime.

I had not mentioned it, but had in fact considered.... :p we'd want some judge imput, since it might mess with the wacky LEW timeline even more than usual... would you be willing to award katherine time served XP and anything else appropriate? She could go back to orurrus (or however you spell that silly town) "to get additional magical supplies", and I'd stick largely with vingettes and short adventures so if things got moving here, she could conviniently return. That would be most satisfactory to me, since it would fulfill my player desires without completely destroying the internal logic of what is going on in game...

Kahuna Burger

Knight Otu

First Post
GnomeWorks, if you sent me something, I don't have it yet.

Kahuna, I don't think leaving and then returning should create too much of a problem. You already said it, the timeline is pretty wacky as is.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Knight Otu - I haven't sent anything because we aren't finished discussing what's going on. :p;) Once we figure that out, I'll send you an email... :)

KB
would you be willing to award katherine time served XP and anything else appropriate?

Um... I don't think I quite follow...

Do you mean that I'd hand out XP and anything else appropriate while you're posting here? Yes.

Do you mean that I'd hand out XP and anything else appropriate while you're in other adventures and not active in this game? I don't think so... I'd have to ask a Judge on that one, though.

Remove ads