• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure modules that take place in a theater?

solamon77

Explorer
Does anyone know of any adventures that take place in a theater or stadium? I'm looking for a jumping off point for a side-quest I'm creating for my Starfinder campaign about the party going to a pop-star's show. Bonus points if it's in a sci-fi, modern, or real world setting!

One of my party's main NPCs is this 13 year old girl they rescued from a Jonestown style cult (and then promptly made her a member of the group and outfitted her with a sniper rifle :-D). They took her to Absalom Station and she has become obsessed with this famous Pact Worlds pop singer. I have been using AmaLee's English J-pop songs as the famous pop singer's songs! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe8BleTkZyA if anyone wants to hear them) It's been amazing! :-D

PS, I already have "The Play's the Thing" by AAW.

Richards

Legend
Dungeon magazine has had a few adventures over the years that might be of interest.

Issue #39 had an adventure called "Legerdemain" that took place in a theater.

Issue #77 had a "Side Trek" (very short adventure) called "Stage Fright" that takes place in a theater.

Issue #96 had an adventure called "Pandemonium in the Veins" featuring a gladiatorial arena.

Issue #128 had an adventure called "The Champion's Belt" featuring a gladiatorial arena.

Issue #141 had an adventure called "Swords of Dragonslake" that involves a theater troupe.

Issue #206 (PDF) had an adventure called "Dead for a Spell" that involves a theater.

Johnathan

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Pathfinder put out an adventure set in a circus. I got the mod from the public library and have to hunt down the title.

Count_Zero

Adventurer
It's not traditional D&D style (and it's a movie theater), but there was a really good scenario in the Call of Cthulhu D20 corebook set in a haunted movie theater.

SolidPlatonic

First Post
And Madness Followed is a Mythos-inspired adventure that takes place in a theater, Dungeon 134

The Sixfold Trial from the Pathfinder Council of Thieves adventure path has the characters actually *IN* a play.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
And Madness Followed is a Mythos-inspired adventure that takes place in a theater, Dungeon 134

The Sixfold Trial from the Pathfinder Council of Thieves adventure path has the characters actually *IN* a play.

This is the one that came to mind for me.

See: http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Council_of_Thieves_(adventure_path)

The Sixfold Trial by Richard Pett

To banish the monstrous shadows that stalk Westcrown by night, the PCs go undercover, joining the city’s chaotic theatrical community in an elaborate plot to infiltrate the estate of the decadent lord-mayor. Yet theater life turns deadly when they become players in a spectacle no actor has ever survived. Can the PCs endure their debut performance in a city where an actor’s first big hit is often his last?

Thx!
TomB

Remove ads