[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Velmont

First Post
"I am" answers the dragonborn.

"He is a friend of Elinear." shispers a shifter to the Warden's ear. The shifter is one of the people who was there last night when Sigarr arrived the night before.

"I remember now. Elinear spoke about his meeting with you in the Jade Kingdom." tells the Warden. "You were searching information about the feywild if I remember well, but I don't remember the details. Where is Elinear?"

"He is meditating." answers the Shifter.

"Sigarr, what bring you into this Grove?" asks the Warden.

renau1g

First Post
"As you said, we met in a distant land, where I was searching for information, yes. The feywild is of interest to me, and specifically of a creature from that land, rumoured to come here to our world. I have made a pact with one of the fey, The Prince of Frost, in return for saving my people. My end of the deal is to find his lost love, Sharaea. I have been searching for her now for much time and have come up with nothing. My hope is you can aid me in my quest." the barbarian says his eyes distant as he speaks.

Nebten

First Post
Sitting on edge of a rock, a male dwarf thumbs an axe's edge. Next to him is a female dwarf is painting sigils onto his armor and shield. Staring into the glimmer that the axe head produces, Dane speaks in a short, curt manner.

Well if we come across ye priss along the way I'm sure she can tag along. But right now we got some more important world breakin' issues on the forge. Join us if ye want since we are going in the same direction. Beaware, giant, there are strange happenings that would even bring you underfoot.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The plate-wearing elf turns to Sigarr, nodding respectfully. "Greatings Sigarr, son of Sigdan. You look a truly formidable warrior. I cannot say we know anything of this Prince of Frost or the one you seek, Saraea. Do you know anything to indicate they may be linked to the quest we pursue?

"In any case, it would not be wise of us to delay our quest for yours, I'm afraid. While your goal is noble, ours seems to have been thrust upon us and is of great importance. But who can say, if you decided to aid us as well, perhaps the gods would smile on you and weave fate that we might accomplish two goals at once. It seems we must travel to Valhyr next, and from what I hear it seems to be a place the Prince of Frost might favor."
The elf smiles a warm, friendly smile despite the seriousness of the subject. "What say you, Sigarr? Your strong arm would certainly be welcome. Will you join us?"
[sblock=OOC]Welcome back, r1. This trip should be fun. :)

I saw some of my old XP comments the other day and it occurred to me - now you can stop missing Raiyek! ;)[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Another dwarf seems to be absorbed in multiple papers and a large mystic tome. At the words of his comrades he looks up and frowns at the new arrival. His robes are decked in flaming sigils and the staff he holds is topped with a fiery ruby. I don't like the looks of this one. Though he mutters Well met, Georg Stoneburner is my name and if we are to travel to cold lands (shudder) you may be welcome company. He then turns away.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The large warforged, dwarfed by the half-giant, looks over Sigarr once-over. Flames trace along its plating in intricate patterns, and seem to be the only light coming from beneath its upturned hood. After a moments regard, he says, The fey are bound by these wards and thus by our acts. Fate may bind you to this in ways you least expect. With that less then clear proclamation, he turns to the dragonborn.

We must prepare for the journey. I am unfamiliar with portals to the winter lands; that would be our first task. Will you be with us or shall you stay with the wards here?

Velmont

First Post
"Sharaea or the Prince of Frost are unknown to me" adds the Warden. "Our task at hand is too important to focus on your quest. The safety of Daunton is in balance. But it happen we have some common interest and we might be not without help for you. I will stay here and try to find more information about the ward in Daunton now we have a clearer idea of what we search for. At the same time, I will keep an eye open for any information about Sharaea or the Prince of Frost.

But there is good chance Mauros would have a lot of documentation about the Fey world, probably inherited from Arga the Black who would have set these wards. You could go with them to Valhyr. I don't doubt your familiarity with the northern lands will be a boon to travel on this large continent."

Nebten

First Post
OOC: Hey fellow Five, I'll be away on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Try not to get Dane killed but if you do, make it look good. :heh:

renau1g

First Post
The barbarian appears to weigh the words of the party carefully, his brow furrowed in thought. He is loathe to put aside his quest to join these newcomers in their efforts to save the city of Daunton, but the Dragonborn's words about some information about the fey, Sigarr nods.

"I shall join you. If there is anything useful I can use from this Argas the Black, then I will have accomplished more than I have so far. If not, I guess I'm not further behind than I was before I started. If you're heading to a land of ice and snow, be ready, the things that live in those places are ferocious to survive in such dangerous lands." Sigarr says, his eyes staring elsewhere as his minds wanders to his homeland.

"So, how do we get there from here?" the barbarian asks, still not understanding the portals

Velmont

First Post
"As soon as you are ready and we found a way to there... traveling by boat from Daunton is out of question, and I don't think there is any portal to there." tells the Warden.

"They could use a portal to Sultyr and then travel by boat from there. There is a portal in the mountain range near Daunton that lead to the coastline of Sultyr. I could guide them to the portal." replies the Goliath woman.

"Unless someone have a better idea, you can leave once you are ready." tells the Warden.

Remove ads