[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sure, I forgot to mention it, but you are free to spend all your gold as you have pass thtough Daunton, and you'll have quickly another chance to do so as you will leave the Warden's Grove... after that, who knows?[/SBLOCK]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg ducks into a mystical shop to look over tomes and supplies.

[sblock=OOC]I am going to get those 2 free rituals at 5th level, maybe buy some more? Do we need Raise Dead in the party?[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Rituals]We got a copy for Hadrak at the end of the last addy, I believe. Enchant Item (and maybe Disenchant) could be handy. Linked Portal as well, though pricey.[/sblock]

stonegod

In Daunton, Incarnation took his leave of the group temporarily—he had his own errands to run. A few local kids were already beginning to tail Dane, Hadrak, and Rurdev, trying to get close to "the new Five", and the warforged seemed uncomfortable with such scrutiny. He presses his hands with Rurdev and nods at the shifter's pressing need. Incarnation had a calling of his own.

A few hours later, the shadowy figure was found hovering near Agra the Black's statue once again, drawn there as he had been repeatedly since he was drawn from the waters some time ago. Incarnation stared at the remembrance of the closure of the seals for some time.

Were things becoming clearer? Threads everywhere, but no common skein. The warforged just knew things now—the hellfire on his plating now contorted in runes that gave him protection and power, something that had came to him in the night—but the secret of the seals were no closer.

And the truth of him was nowhere.

Incarnation held his mute vigil until the appointed time, then rejoined the others on their way to the Warden's encampment.

======

Incarnation speaks as Raiyek offers his interpretation.
"We did come across a riddle tucked into one of Estergrin's books. 'The elf draws, the dwarf speaks, the genasi gives, and the dragonborn keeps' ... I must admit I'm at a loss as to what it means, though I can't help but feel it's significant."
There is more as well. The lands of eternal frost played a roll, as well as thoughts on dwarven rune magic. But much of this is in the language of Jade. I was hoping the Warden could shed some light on these now that he has time to look upon them.[sblock=OOC]Incarnation's "purchases" occur during his time in Daunton. His armor/cloak I see as him learning more secrets of power (as these are from "DM credit" gold); he did transfer the Hidden Blade to an Incendiary Dagger so that when he takes proficiency he can gain the benefit w/o worrying about finding a nearby town to upgrade it. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[sblock=Rituals]
We got a copy for Hadrak at the end of the last addy, I believe. Enchant Item (and maybe Disenchant) could be handy. Linked Portal as well, though pricey.

Yeap, Raise Dead is now in the ritual book of Hadrak. It was part of the group reward.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Dwarven runes... can you check if the wards here have something related to the notes? I'll read again the notes in Tsugo see if I cannot find another hint." replies the Warden. He takes the

[SBLOCK=OOC][MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION]: Just a note to make you remember to put up to date Hadrak character sheet.

Also, everyone have made his shopping?[/SBLOCK]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg takes his new spellbook, brimming with rituals and incantations.

[sblock=OOC]I think Georg is almost done. Getting the tome got me two more dailies AND I had to choose two 9th level ones. Need to copy the text for Sleep and some other details. Found out I already had my 5th level rituals (Affect Normal Fire and Knock)

Linked portal is just too expensive to buy BUT if the DM thinks we may use it (I get 2 keys - to established sites when it is purchased) than I would ask the party to pool some money (or loan) to Georg. Velmont? [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Thunderstaff (if an enemy moves within 2 squares), Shield (if AC/Ref hit by less than 4), Staff of Defense (if any defense hit by less than 4), Wizards Escape (if Shield and Staff of Defense do not stop a melee hit)
Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:15 Insight: 20
AC: 21 NAD:21/21/22
HP: 60/60 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 15 AP: 0
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:8 Dex:13 Wis:16 Con:18 Int:19 Cha:10

Powers:
At Will: Winged Horde, Thunderwave, Cantrips
Encounter: Boots of Rapid Motion, Burning Hands, Fire Burst, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Shield, Staff of Defense
Daily: Amulet of Elegy, Book of Undeniable Fire, Boots of Rapid Motion, Cloak of Resistance, Staff of Fiery Might, Sleep, Thunderstaff, Wall of Fire, Wizard's Escape

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
Dane looks at the Warden as he appears to freeze is mid-action.

Didn't something say about dwarven crafters, da Warden's blademaster, 4 swords and 2 of the people be a gensai and a dragonborn? Dunno where the elves come in, but then again people like to add them to stories for flavor anyways. Only thing that I got out of the trip is that demons sprout like weeds in the Jade empire and everybody wants to kill you. Either by giving you food with splinters to eat with and starve to death or ambush you multiple times throughout the day.

stonegod

"Dwarven runes... can you check if the wards here have something related to the notes? I'll read again the notes in Tsugo see if I cannot find another hint."
Incarnation regards the circle. The Flaming Staff indentified a tie to an Imperial scholar's work in the wards; Master Fibonnaci may have been dwarven. Perhaps another look is in order. I will differ to Georg's expertise
Dane looks at the Warden as he appears to freeze is mid-action.

Didn't something say about dwarven crafters, da Warden's blademaster, 4 swords and 2 of the people be a gensai and a dragonborn? Dunno where the elves come in, but then again people like to add them to stories for flavor anyways.
The warforged paused, considering the dwarf's words. But Grey was no genasi, assumed though he was. But your words may have wisdom. Four swords of Kathaki Dreido there were, and a dragonborn and genasi had two. Perhaps an elf and dwarf are involved with the other two. He inclines his head at Dane. You may have cut through the knot once again, master dwarf.
OOC: Incarnation will ponder the wards to see if he knows anything relating them to dwarven magic w/ Arcana (w/ help, [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION] ?): 18 on his assist.

I'll see what History tells Incarnation of the swords of Kathaki Dreido and their owners: 26

[MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION]: Incarnation has some funds he could use to help w/ the ritual. Otherwise, he is done w/ shopping.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Raiyek is done shopping and his sheet should be updated accordingly.

He also has some spare gold he can use to help buy Linked Portals if we want to.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases