Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

Fyrm

First Post
[sblock=tactics]
OOC:
I figured out that a blast 3 will look like a square each side being 3 squares. Currently trying to figure out the dimensions of burst 3. Anyone?
OOC: the number after the burst is the number of squares out the effect will reach from the center square. a burst 3 will, then, be a square with sides 7 squares long. although, I could be completely missreading all of this, but this is how I've read it.

LogicsFate

First Post
OOC: the number after the burst is the number of squares out the effect will reach from the center square. a burst 3 will, then, be a square with sides 7 squares long. although, I could be completely missreading all of this, but this is how I've read it.

OOC: Fyrm's right. Burst 3 extends 3 squares in all 8 directions from the origin square, so each side is 7 squares.
OOC:
Ugh thank you, Shoehorning a burst 3-hits all creatures-daily into the fight seems like a pain. If do-able in our current situation.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Yeah, lot of friendly fire given current positions....
but you can always use it when we're all dead, you're the only one left and you're surrounded by enemies :D

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: Fyrm is correct. 3 square un every direction centered on you. In other words, a 7 side square with your PC as the center square.

The Sane thing if you really want to use that power would be to ask for the Caustic Wall to be dropped for next turn so you can move a bit west. I don't think hitting many allies for 2d10+4 is a good idea right now! :p

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Aedan]Yes, the archer has cover too. But he isn't hidden. PS; you have a dagger in your other hand, right?[/sblock]

[sblock=Artemis]Nope, hadn't included the dark spiral effect. Done.[/sblock]

GM: Status High Light:
Yishim, Mikara and Owen have Combat Advantage on the Dragon for their next attack (Lead by Example)

Everyone has CA against the Boss, The adjacent Fire elemental and the sleeping guard (well, technically you had anyway because he was sleeping, but still) (Swarm of Locust)

Queen is adjcent to the caustic wall... (will take 1d6+5 at the start of next turn if wall is still up)

GM: Owen, Sound of Stone, Dante, Mikara, Mercurial, Artemis Hark, Gilgamesh and Vishim are up.

[sblock=S&S]
Flame Shepre damage FROM THE FUTURE! (woooo...) (1d4+5=8)

Wyrmling: 41/96, cursed (Art.), grants CA on everyone except Artemis' next turn (just once)
Big Boss: 149 (141)/185
Swordman P20: 8 (0)/40 Unconscious (Save ends)
Swordman Q25: 23/40
Fire Elemantal O22: 16/27 Marked (Halcyon)
Fire Elemental L25: 9/27 Quarry (Mikara)
Fire Elemental Q27: 14/27

Aedan: 17/27 AP spent, hidden 27
Artemis Hark: 3/24 -1H
Dante: 15/27 adjacent enemies -2 TENT
Gilgamesh: 13/26 -1H
Halcyon: 8/29 AP&SW spent
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 6/24 -2H, AP spent
Mikara: 16/39, AP spent
Owen: 12+5/28 AP spent
Queen: 22/30 WS
Sound of Stone: 2/24 AP&SW spent
Yishim: 25 (20)/29 AP spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round4-2.jpg
    Round4-2.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
The conjured ball of fire pulses waves of heat every few seconds, allowing Lenard's allies to pass by if they time it right.

[sblock=mal]If nobody else kills the sleeping swordsman before the next turn, Lenard chooses for the flaming sphere damage to be nonlethal. He doesn't see any reason to kill the henchmen in this particular fight.[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
GM: Queen is adjcent to the caustic wall... (will take 1d6+5 at the start of next turn if wall is still up)

OOC: Whoops, that'll learn me to assume things.

As a few of the tiny constructs shielding Queen begin to melt, Queen states in the usual monotone voice. Gil the area of effect of your acidic wall is more robust than I realized, I have become concerned."

The voice is accompanied by the the click-clack of metallic nails on cobble stone and the canine construct that is Queen attempts to scrabble away. Utterly failing to go anywhere, like a dog on linoleum.

Last edited:

Aidan Reed

First Post
[sblock=Aedan]Yes, the archer has cover too. But he isn't hidden. PS; you have a dagger in your other hand, right?[/sblock]
[sblock=Mal]
Yes, I'm wielding a parrying dagger as an offhand at the moment. I don't get a +1 to AC because I'm not wielding a melee weapon in my main hand - but I'll be able to strike when I get an OA. Do I get any penalties for doing so with an off-hand weapon?[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Artie! Are these the flames of your love burning out of control over here, or is this hobgoblin trying to give me more masculine competition?"
[sblock=H.M.G.] Do you want me to go before Mikara and see if I can drop the fire elemental to give you a clear shot? [/sblock]
OOC: Yes. Sorry to post so late. Wow! A lot happens while I'm at church!

If Artemis takes out the FE, I'll get Quarry, Prime Shot and TwinStrike on the Archer, so please drop the FE ;).
OOC: Mal: Just a clerical note (it might not matter after Artemis takes his turn, but...) the Fire Elemental is listed at L25, but this is Artemis' location on the map. The Fire Elemental is shown at I26. I'm assuming the map is correct.

Last edited:

Remove ads