[Adventure] Race to the Fallen Star (Judge: THB or stonegod)

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Very well, ship it is. Does someone have the ritual btw?

Your patron tells you that there is a Lyrandar trade vessel, The Horrible Fall, which just recently docked. The captain of said vessel is a half-elf. Captain Dumain, he has no aversion to dangerous missions, although a rumour is that he just recently returned to Sharn with a terribly sick orc in his hold and the whole ship was being quarantined. The authorities don't want an outbreak of Mindfire to sweep through the area.

Zirial tells you to meet her in the Drunken Dragon in Upper Dura once you've completed your mission and she'll have your reward.

You depart the Shard and head towards the docks.

Sea birds circle lazily overhead, looking for an easy meal, or hoping one careless seaman drops a crate of fish. Various goblinoids, humans and half-orcs are milling about loading or unloading ships, jostling for position in the busy docks, or keeping a predatory eye for the unwary. Seeing a fully armed and capable looking group of adventurer's these ne'er do wells give you a wide berth.

Upon asking around, you find out the rumours are true and that the harbormaster has ordered the vessel and crew locked up until further notice... a trio of guards are stationed outside the vessel, which looks to be made entirely of soarwood.

FourMonos

First Post
On the way to the docks, Braddock tries to recall all he read on Mindfire. Once there, he strides up to the guards, "We have business with Captain Dumain, if ye please."

[sblock=History, Arcana checks] 1d20+11 → [6,11] = (17), 1d20+11 → [10,11] = (21) Rolls. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Ghourra tries to remember if she has ever heard of this Mindfire disease, but too much thinking tends to hurt her head.

Heal (1d20+8=16)

Still, she thinks it is worth taking a look. She walks up to the guards with as little menace as someone of her size can muster.

"You have sick person? I'm healer. My never get sick."

Ghourra points to a nearly healed bite on her arm. A faint trace of a scar remains where the wound used to be.

"Werewolf bite. Me not get sick. So I go see sick person now?"

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Well, I'm not sure we should take a sick ship. The last thing you want to be when fighting is sick. I had an uncle once who was sick when he left town. Never heard of him again. We could just go buy some horses and head down the Orien trade road. It means camping out, but sick is sick. You don't want to be sick. Or maybe we could find another ship. There's gotta be more than one ship heading east along the coast." Tryn says.

"But this one will take us and it's fast...and besides, we don't really know there is someone sick there. And we have the healer with us."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Wait Orsik, first you hate boats. Then, you want to go on a sick boat because it is here. If Ghourra jumps off a tower, does that mean that Orsik should jump off a tower, because it is fast and there? We could let Ghourra go see the sick guy and if Ghourra gets sick, then we know it's a bad idea. It's not like horses are that much slower and aren't just down the street a bit. Getting there fast doesn't mean much if some or all of us are sick when we get there. And what does Mindfire do anyway? It sounds pretty nasty. I don't want my mind on fire. I wonder what that would look like. Would it be flames around the forehead? At least you wouldn't need a night light. While Ghourra is checking out the sick guy, maybe the rest of us could walk down the dock and see if there are any other non-sick ships going east. It couldn't hurt to check."

Remove ads