• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael noted his surroundings at his entrance. He said nothing, preferring to stay quiet and away from the others' ways. He readied his kite shield, strapping it to his left arm. His mailed gloves took out a cold iron dart from the his belt.

"I like not this waiting..." he muttered to himself.

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars will go ahead and examine both doors to see if he can confirm the existance of the traps, but will not attempt to disable any that he finds or open the door at this time. After his search, he will stay standing, still suspicious of his circumstances.

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
Nars will go ahead and examine both doors to see if he can confirm the existance of the traps, but will not attempt to disable any that he finds or open the door at this time. After his search, he will stay standing, still suspicious of his circumstances.

Nars does not notice any traps, but he does determine that the doors appear to be held unusually tightly in place. Magic may be involved...

Zweischneid

First Post
The master should return shortly, and will surely resolve the matter at that time. Until then, please make yourself comfortable in this waiting room.

"That is all?" Morulas cannot help but cry out frustrated.

"Antolle ulua sulrim! But you tell us nothing!

With and acid undertone he adds: "When does your master return and where did he go in the first place with strange and disasterous experiments boiling in his tower?"

------------

²
Roughly: Much wind pours from your mouth

Patlin

Explorer
Zweischneid (Morulas) said:
With and acid undertone he adds: "When does your master return and where did he go in the first place with strange and disasterous experiments boiling in his tower?"

"The master was in the lab at the time of the incident. It is possible that the automated procedures shunted him to a safer locale when the incident occurred, but I do not possess that information. The master will doubtlessly return shortly. Please be seated and make yourself comfortable."

The construct waves towards the couch in a giving gesture. An uncomfortable sinking feeling in your stomachs suggests that following the advice of this automaton could leave you waiting for a very long time.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars asks the automations, "What's behind these doors? There do not seem to be any traps, but the door appears stuck in place by some sort of magic. Perhaps, ah, someone with some knowledge of the, er, ar-, arc-, magic should take a look." Nars, not real confident about his ability to detect these magic 'anti-theft devices' waits for the others' opinions on what the next step is. Seing no viable alternative, he will attempt to open the door once the others are ready, but not before then.

OOC: Giving other players a chance to ask questions, but I don't want to hold the game up if people are waiting for Nars to open the door.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Right," says Fant decisively, her opinion of the situation confirmed. The wizard is either dead or far, far away, and the problem needs to be dealt with now, lest it endanger the entire city. Or if Persephone is correct and this is some sort of trap... well, Fant's had quite enough of being jerked about by arrogant wizards. One way or the other, she'll get to the bottom of this.

She tries one last question of the automaton, just in case. "Which door leads to the lab?" If she gets an answer, she'll direct her efforts to that door; failing that, the northeastern one will have to do as a random choice. "Nars, open the door." If picking the lock proves fruitless after a minute or two, and she learns of the magic sealing, she grunts. "I've seen this spell before. We'll have to hack the door down." She makes a placating gesture towards the automaton. "If required, I will pay for its replacement."

She surveys the moltly crew. "Nars, once we get the door open, you take point. Watch for any of those anti-thief measures we were warned about." She surveys the group. "Gorefoot, you go after Nars, then me, then Ishmael, then Persephone," and at this point she does not trust herself to remember people's names, and simply points at Rhamos, Radoimus, and Mourlas, "you, you, and you take up the rear. Spread out if the corridor's wide enough." She draws her sword. "Let's be about it, then."

ooc: Bossy bossy boss boss. :p If anyone objects to Fant deciding marching order, or whatever else, say so. I keep on feeling guilty about it, even though it's in character, and I don't want to boss anyone around.... :uhoh:

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads