• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock takes the flaming attack from the wraith and marches right for it.

"This is it then? This phantom? Oye, with the spirits I've been working with, this thing isn't a entity.... it's an afterthought."

Dark energy focuses on the spirit. Braddock points his craghammer at the approaching humanoid thing. The hammer's aura changes from gold to lime green.

"We don't be needing any help from the minions now. General, we need your help." The warlock's iris's turn green and a soft goblin cackle echos in the corner of the room. Green energy slams into the once human, and it reels from the eldritch force.

Like a green blur, Braddock moves to opposite Haltor and smashes his craghammer into the wraith, still prone on the floor.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Walk five squares west (M19?, can't see numbers on the map right now)
Minor: Warlock's Curse: Haestus.
Standard: Vestige of Thaxter vs Alex: 1d20+9, 3d6+10 → ([11, 9], [6, 2, 6, 10]) Roll Lookup . Hit Reflex 20 for 24 damage. Vestige allows shift three squares, move to M16 or whatever allows him to flank with Haltor.
AP: Eldritch Strike vs Haestus: 1d20+11+2+2, 1d10+9+1d6 → ([8, 11, 2, 2], [9, 9, 1]) Roll Lookup . Hit AC 23 for 19 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Braddock the Historian, level 4 Warlock
Status: bloodied, -2 defenses TENT (enemy) +2 defenses vs Haestus, +1 NAD TSNT
Active Vestige: Thaxter: Augment: miss allows ally to shift. Boon: one ally gains +2 to attack.
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 18 NAD: F: 18 R:17 W:14
HP: 23/47 Surges: 4/11 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1 0
Languages: Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:13 Wis:10 Con:20 Int:16 Cha:10
MBA: +11 vs. AC, 1d10+9

Powers:
At-Will: Eyes of the Vestige, Eldritch Strike, Warlock's Curse
Encounter: Clarion Call, Fortune Binding, Second Wind
Daily: Vestige of Thaxter, Charm of Hearts, Leather Armor of Dark Magesty

Benefits: +2 defenses against cursed enemies. +1 NAD after using Warlock's curse TENT.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage)

Deimos sneakingly stands up. The foe still near him, he baths him in a spray of fire.

[sblock=OOC]

free: change damage to fire
move: stand up
Standard: Color Spray (1d20+9=17, 1d6+8=14) vs Vistrathis. On a hit, he is also dazed.

Prepared Action: Use Shield vs first attack that would hit otherwise.

the first attack it makes vs Haltor grants OAs to Haltor and all allies.
Will use magic missle for the OA, if I can use a ranged attack

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 14 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 8
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 2 / 8
At-Will Powers: Flaming Staff, Magic Missle, Freezing Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Color Spray, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Extra fire damage

Condition: bloodied
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The adventurer's land some heavy blows of their own as Haltor's words reach into the unconscious teifling's mind and pull him back from the brink.

The wraith "stands" up after the halfling's attack. "Do you truly not know when you're defeated small one. I will enjoy working on you." he cackles, an explosion of flames fills Haltor & Braddock's minds. The whole area seems ablaze! Luckily, Haltor's plucky nature lets him shake it off quickly.

Alex levels his staff and a narrow stream of acid rushes towards Braddock, the dwarf narrowly dodges the attack, the acid leaving scorch marks in the floor not a foot from where Braddock was just standing.

Vistrathis' attacks continue to focus on Deimos, but just as his sword descends to land a vicious blow, a nearly invisible shield of force turns it aside.

[sblock=Enemy Actions/Stats]
Haestus: Stands. Forge's Wrath on Haltor, Braddock, and White-EYe (1d20+11=27, 1d20+11=31, 1d20+11=13) Ouch...another crit. Braddock hit for 16 & dmg (2d6+5=12) 12 for Haltor + target believes it is surrounded by fire; if the target leaves its space, it takes 2d6 + 5 psychic damage (save ends). Teleports to O16 as part of attack. Grants OA's to Haltor, Braddock & Deimos. Deimos auto-hits. OA from Haltor; OA from Barddock (1d20+12+2=17, 1d8+12=19, 1d20+11+2=31, 1d10+9=17). Not sure if a mount counts as an ally... [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION]? If so, feel free to roll White-eyes OA.

Alex fires a bolt of vs ref; acid (1d20+10=16, 2d6+9=16) misses Braddock.

Vistrathis: attack Deimos - vs ac; dmg (1d20+11=21, 2d8+4=20) triggers Shield. Misses.

Haestus: 20 AC; 19/20/21 F/R/W

Alex: ?? AC; 17/19/?? F/R/W
Vistrathis: ?? AC; ??/??/17 F/R/W

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Haltor hits with Charge, misses Diabolic Strat. Braddock hits on both attacks. Deimos hits also.

Haltor: 42/42; 2/7 surges,
White-Eye: 20/46; 1/1 surges
Braddock: 7/47, 4/11 surges, target believes it is surrounded by fire; if the target leaves its space, it takes 2d6 + 5 psychic damage (save ends)
Deimos: 14/36+8thp, 2/8 surges, blooded

Haestus: 31/123 - bloodied, insubstantial, resist 5 fire, cursed
Vistrathis: -14hp, dazed
Alex: -37hp, bloodied.

init (1d20+5=22)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: White-Eye does count: Misses. Haltor will also use Second Chance: Atk misses Haltor. Braddock should do additional Crit die damage, correct?

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
OOC: He does have reach, a benefit from Haestus' grafts. Not Threatening reach though.

Braddock was the receiver of the crit, not the one delivering it. He rolled an 18 on his OA.

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage)

Deimos hastily retreats. I his haste, he misses a syllable in his spell, so it becomes ineffective versus his enemy.

[sblock=OOC]
last round: forgot to mention that I wanted to use my daily item staff power on a hit. Is it too late now?

free: change damage to fire
move: to 19M
Standard: Beguiling Strands (1d20+9=11) vs Vistrathis will. Most certain it is a miss.

Will use magic missle for OAs, if I can use a ranged attack

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 14 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 8
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 2 / 8
At-Will Powers: Flaming Staff, Magic Missle, Freezing Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Color Spray, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Extra fire damage

Condition: bloodied
[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Chin up, dwarf. We will show this shade the truth! Haltor turns to the ghost a moment, and points his sharrash at him. I will be back for you, spirit! With that, he launches at Alex, whispering You will be a peace, young one. He trips up the young mage and slams him to the ground.[sblock=OOC]Minor to heal Braddock (now I'm out): 13hp. Then Flattening Charge (nonlethal) vs Alex: Hit, 16hp.[/sblock][sblock=Haltor]Haltor—Male Halfling Warlord 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 42/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 2/7
Action Points: 0/2, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 1
Powers -
Brash Assault
Wolf Pact Tactics

Diabolic Stratagem
Flattening Charge

Lead by Example
Stand the Fallen

Inspiring Word x2
Second Chance
Rub Some Dirt On It

Dwarven Chainmail +1

White Eye—Female Clawfoot 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 16, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 31/46, Bloodied: 23; 0/1 HS

Haltor[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock smiles as Haltor charges past him.

"I tell you General, I am beginning to love that halfling."

He yells defiantly at the wraith, "You think you scare us, Forge Wraith? I think you should taste your own fire!"

Tendrils of black energy circle out from the craghammer and Haestus finds himself circled in the firey fury of the forge.

Now free of the fire, Braddock grins darkly as he steps away from the shade, shadows blurring his squat form as he walks.

He notices the half gith attacking Diemos, "Hey ugly! You like like you stayed in the Astral sea too long."

[sblock=actions]
ooc: The effect for Vestige of Thaxter was the 3 square shift, which let me get close for the attack. Say... what is Haltor's warlord effect?

Standard: Fortune Binding vs. Haestus (fort): 1d20+9, 2d8+13+1d6 → ([19, 9], [7, 8, 13, 6]) Roll Lookup . Hit Fort 28 for 34. Man that is almost a ghetto crit :D. Haestus gains the effect (If the target leaves its space, it takes 2d6 + 5 psychic damage) but effect only lasts TENT.

Move: Walk to square I 19. Gain concealment.

Minor: Warlock's Curse: Vistrathis.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Braddock the Historian, level 4 Warlock
Status: bloodied, +2 defenses vs Haestus and Vistrathis, +1 NAD defenses TSNT, Concealment
Active Vestige: Thaxter: Augment: miss allows ally to shift. Boon: one ally gains +2 to attack.
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 18 NAD: F: 18 R:17 W:14
HP: 20/47 Surges: 3/11 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1 0
Languages: Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:13 Wis:10 Con:20 Int:16 Cha:10
MBA: +11 vs. AC, 1d10+9

Powers:
At-Will: Eyes of the Vestige, Eldritch Strike, Warlock's Curse
Encounter: Clarion Call, Fortune Binding, Second Wind
Daily: Vestige of Thaxter, Charm of Hearts, Leather Armor of Dark Magesty

Benefits: +2 defenses against cursed enemies. +1 NAD after using Warlock's curse TENT.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads