[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Ill use second chance on that crit, plz. In addition, Diabilic Strategem allows haltor and all adjacent Allies an OA vs the drake even if Haltor misses, so Haltor, White-Eye, and Gark get an attack.

evilbob

Explorer
Gark takes a passing swing at the drake but misses. However, he manages to shake off the psychic delusions of fire and clear his mind.

Noting his fallen companion, he presses the attack in order to draw attention away from his ally. Shifting into position, he ...

misses.

[sblock=ooc]free: font of life: saved

move: shift to H7

free: mark drake 1

standard: Thunder Ram Assault on drake 1 with followup blast vs. drake 1 and Haestus

I completely missed the drake on the first attack roll and apparently you don't get the 2ndary attack on this power unless you hit, SO you can all ignore the mountains of dice rolls for this post (including the lone crit which naturally doesn't count).

Unless anyone else can boost my attack roll by ONE two (forgot that SotS isn't retroactive and must be used on -next- attack) in which case we have some serious damage going on: I was going to knock them both into the pit and since they go prone I don't think the drake could have flown to avoid it. Anyone? ...Anyone?

If no one can do anything for me I may go ahead and action point so I can try at least one more time to get at least one of them into the lava.

Also, I think I'm going to go back to invis castle; ENWorld is SO slow and to then depend on it for dice rolls in addition to waiting forever to post and then edit and blah blah blah - it's taken forever just so I could do nothing. It's easier to do invis. castle and just link it.[/sblock]
[sblock=Gark]Gark Longtooth Shifter Warden 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:17
HP:37/48, 0 temp HP, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12, Surges left:9/9
Action Points/Milestones: 1/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Tempest Assault
Warden's Lunge

Longtooth Shifting
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Warden's Tempest
Student of the Sword

Form of Mountain's Thunder - Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack
Staggering Weapon

Important Stuff:
- Gark's mark: attacks that don't include him take -2 and trigger an interrupt if they are next to him or a reaction against those up to 5 away

Conditions:

Full sheet: Gark[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

"Out of my way!" Varis shouts at the drake, wind and lightning trying to move it away. The half-elf sprints to the hole, jumps over it (partly hold in the air by a sudden current) and calls: "Up Haltor, work to do. We need you."

[sblock=ooc]

free: change damage to lightning
free: when any ally within 5 squares of him reduces an enemy to 0 hit points or bloodies an enemy, he grants 4 temporary hit points to that ally.
Standard: Vicious mockery vs Drake 2 (1d20+8=27, 1d6+5=6). On a hit, takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Varis next turn. Using Mark to try to slide it to down to 13H if he cannot stop my jumping attempt there. To down 13I otherwise.
Move: Athletics to jump (1d20+6=12) to G10 (running start).
Minor: Majestic Word on Haltor. Can spend HS and regains 4 extra HP. If a slide doesn't trigger the psychic damage, slide him to H8. No slide otherwise.

--

retrain implement proficiency to Heart of the Blade
new skill: History
+1 expertise bonus to all attacks

Wishlist:
Level 3 dragonshard that increases lightning damage (I think it was the Eberron)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 1/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I would read that the slide would trigger the power, as it makes no mention about willingly moving from the square. [/sblock]

stonegod

[sblock=OOC]I'll be on travel all next week in SLC for a conference; been preping for that so thus the slow down. I'll try to post 1/d, but no promises; games I'm running may suffer for that week. Thanks![/sblock]

stonegod

[sblock=OOC]
ooc - is that Salt Lake City? No worries as I'm slow for at least 1 more week.
Yup.[/sblock]As the foolish construct fell for his trick, Haltor and White-Eye acted in unison to destroy it. But then, it hit him... hit him hard. Haltor screams in illusionary pain as he is flung from the saddle. When Varis' word hits him, he wobbles to his feet and takes a steadying in breath as he places a comforting hand on White-Eye. It seems to do the trick.[sblock=OOC]White-Eye's MBA hits for 7 hp vs the Drake; Haltor misses. Haltor falls to H8 (failed save for being prone) and takes damage (but not enough to kill him; would've been w/o second chance). Varis heals him for 14; Haltor stands and takes a second wind. Haltor & White-Eye save vs effect.[/sblock][sblock=Haltor (Second Wind)]Haltor—Male Halfling Warlord 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 21, Fort: 19, Reflex: 16, Will: 18 — Speed: 5
HP: 24/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 6/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Brash Assault
Wolf Pact Tactics

Diabolic Stratagem
Flattening Charge

Lead by Example
Stand the Fallen

Inspiring Word x2