[Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Hold Kal. We need answers. You'll get your chance. The rest of you, try to heal Orsik." Grys says.

"You! Send the Zombie away and answer our questions. Why did you attack us?" Grys points his sword at the Necromancer as he picks up the wand and tucks it into his belt.

Antithetist

First Post
The zombie wanders ponderously off as the necromancer stares cross-eyed at the sword point in front of his face, licking his lips nervously. "W-well - wouldn't you attack somebody who broke into your dwelling-place, slaying your guards and servants and bursting into your very sanctum, brandishing steel? Wouldn't you?"

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Perhaps I would, but look what it cost you by attacking us immediately and not communicating first. That is what each of your guards and servants did as well upstairs and look what happened to them. There were a group of well armed explorers who were also interested in this particular 'dwelling-place', I suspect that you had the same communication approach with them as you had with us. Now that our misunderstanding is behind us and we are now all friends, why don't you tell us what you did to that group of earlier explorers and where we might find what remains of them?" Grys asks conversationally.

Antithetist

First Post
"You are mistaken," the necromancer sniffs with a hint of arrogance surfacing through his fear. "Those fools were already dead when I came here - they slew each other. I made use of their leavings, it is true, but I did not kill them. As a matter of fact, you were the ones who put and end to them, or what remained of them - all bar one." He motions to the zombie staggering aimlessly away down the passageway.

"So, if I understand correctly, you yourself are in residence only short time here. We came brandishing weapons because this place has a reputation and whatever dispatched the group of adventurers may've been waiting for us too.

What can you tell us of this place? What about that tower's bloodlust? Oh, and what's your name?"

rb780nm

First Post
kal'Tarron attempts to calm down, mumbling prayers to his lord and to the archons. "This is not over Necromancer," he growls. "You might live today, if you are useful to our cause, but if your trangressions against the great cycle continue I will bring Balinor's wrath upon you. And if not I, then another of his servants."

OOC: I'll be trying to intimidate him here.
intimidate check (1d20+2=13)

Probably useless :(

Serious as the threats are, they don't seem to affect the necromancer terribly - he has probably heard this sort of thing many times before. With a snarl, kal'Tarron turns away to clean his axe. Again, he turns his lip at the undead gloop on the edge. After wiping it away with his rag, he considers the crimson splatters of the Necromancer's. He takes the pink stained trim on his vestments and moves to clean the living blood from his blade.

Then he stops. "No, I will have your lifeblood on my robes, but I will have it from a mortal wound. Balinor's wrath will be appeased with blood from your heart."

Antithetist

First Post
The necromancer does his best to ignore the gore-stained avenger's dire threats, addressing himself instead to Orsik. "Larsten is my name," he replies to the last question, and then hesitates, eyes flickering from side to side for a moment before he gives a shrug and continues. "I know little of the history of this place - it is Dhakaani, of course, but you surely knew that. The locals fear it and shun it - they do not come here, they will not speak of it, so it is appealing for those such as I who value their privacy." Again his tongue snakes out of and wets his lips nervously.

"There was something more, though," he continues after a moment in a hoarse voice, little more than a whisper. "Something drew me here. In my dreams it touched me, whispered to me sweetly... it showed me things..." he breaks off, an ecstatic smile creeping across his face.

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=Mythra] This man will surely lie if it suits his purposes but at the moment he seems to be speaking sincerely, obviously feeling there's nothing to be gained from deception.[/sblock]

Remove ads