[Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)

"I don't think I can fit into one of those." pleasant baritone bordering on bass say from above. Turning, you see a goliath almost full nine feet in height looking at the flying thing. "But I will try."

He shows interest in tiny creature purring next to him and his hand all but covers the cat entirely.
"We had bigger mice then this feline of yours. Cute though."

"Strange bunch these, but if I understood correctly this is helping some scholar. Maybe I can get access to their libraries if I do them a favor. Ah, curse this small body, I probably couldn't handle proper tome, how do they manage to live here...and they are smaller yet."

OOC: hello, all, proposal passed and I'm allowed to join you. I'll use teal color to better distinguish myself

Italics will represent thoughts/inner dialogue

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=KarinsDad]
I have nothing against Grys. Mythra does not either, he generally dislikes everybody ;)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I know. It's all good.
[/sblock]

"Well, we'll just let Mr. Grumpy Pants take a skycab and we'll meet him over there. It seems that his pet thinks the same thing." Grys laughs.

"In the meantime, those of us that are walking can get better aquainted. I am Grys, a fire mage. I focus mostly on fire spells because I believe that those who prey on others should be punished severely. A quick stab to the heart doesn't give them time to contemplate their misdeeds. Don't get me wrong, I love swords. I carry one myself all of the time. It just isn't a proper weapon of justice. It's more of a weapon of execution and that is not what I strive for. How about the rest of you? What are your abilities and beliefs?" Grys asks.

"My beliefs are my own. I lead my people into the battle and direct them to be more efficient. I call focus of the enemy on myself so others can focus on offense instead of defense. And when enemy focuses, I stake them into the ground. Words are my power and my weapon."

Goliath shows his maul covered in runes, his armor also having deep etched designs.

Last edited:

raion

First Post
Serris matches pace with the others talking, and speaks up, "I use my mental energies to protect and encourage my allies.. and what does belief have to do with it? I'm unemployable otherwise. You ever get fired for broadcasting boredom?"
He smiles, as faint waves of amusement radiate from him. "The spear's just a habit. Long sticks keep bad guys at bay."

Cleverusername

First Post
How about the rest of you? What are your abilities and beliefs?" Grys asks.

"Beliefs? That only the strong make the rules, and that you gotta be strong or else you end being prey. As a kid I got three meals a day. Oatmeal, miss-a-meal, and no meal. When I was growing up, my family was so poor we couldn't afford to pay attention. Good..bad...whatever, it don't matter much.

What do I do? Well, ain't it obvious? I fight people. I protect people. I'm the best bodyguard you'll see because I'll take an arrow, I'll take a stab wound, I'll get hit upside the head; I ain't afraid of nothin' and nobody. I get nice and close to a guy and once I get my hands on him, the sucka ain't going nowhere. I ain't met anyone who got away once I got me hands on them"
Baracus says as the walk.

"
I get nice and close to a guy and once I get my hands on him, the sucka ain't going nowhere. I ain't met anyone who got away once I got me hands on them"
Baracus says as the walk.

OOC: challenge time :) Try to hold still goliath twice your weight and with enough height difference he treats like you're prone ;)

IF we were playing RL game, I'd do it in a second, this way, we'd just waste time

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Fair enough. I do have a question though. I've heard that grapplers like you Baracus and mentalists like you Serris, have ways to get your foes to focus on yourselves. I too have similar abilities. How do we propose to not trip over each other in the heat of combat?" Grys asks.

[sblock=OOC]
Basically, our three PCs have marks. In the last game I was in, the player of the Warden got annoyed that I overwrote his mark with my mark, even though it was the best tactic at the time.

I don't want a repeat of that. My mark is defensive. It puts -2 to hit on all attacks by the foe and -6 damage for the first successful attack by a foe. I then move to the other side of an encounter so that the foe cannot easily attack Grys. Once my mark is up, it stays on that same foe and I cannot change it until the foe dies or someone else marks that foe. So, I tend to not change it a lot.

Unlike the two of you who will probably tend to be in the faces of the foes you mark, Grys stays away.

But, I do prefer putting Grys' mark on the last foe of an encounter because it does shut down that last foe quite a bit unless there is a reason someone else's mark is better.

I don't want to get into mark wars though.

Thoughts on when / how to use our marks cooperatively?

Does anyone else in the group have a power that marks?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mark wars]
I don't have marks, I just want to point out that even if someone overwrites your own mark, he had reason to do so (maybe fighter wanted to stop movement instead of having your mark lower damage or you thought fighter or I needed breathing room etc...)

Simple solution is: just accept your mark has been overwritten and that's that.

Now, cooperating in PbP means getting tactics hammered out in advance, so hammer away!
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases