D&D 5E Adventures in the Forgotten Realms MtG set Planeswalkers confirmed.

I don't know if it got mentioned yet, but Lolth was revealed as a Planeswalker. (so THAT'S why she went Silent.......okay not really but I could still use that for my Drow Schism 5E lore for non evil drow.)
Sort of—WotC tweeted out that the "planeswalker" cards in this set aren't MTG planeswalkers; in other words, in this set the term doesn't mean what it usually means in MTG lore (though the card functions the same way mechanically).

Of course, Lolth can be a MTG planeswalker in your campaigns if you want her to be.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
You know, it actually would explain a lot of how Lolth works if she had a Planeswalker spark. Although, I don't think it ever needs to be defined that she has one; she can travel the planes with ease, that's what matters. She would certainly seem like a Planeswalker at a similar power level of Nicol Bolas, in the eyes of someone like Chandra.

You know, it actually would explain a lot of how Lolth works if she had a Planeswalker spark. Although, I don't think it ever needs to be defined that she has one; she can travel the planes with ease, that's what matters. She would certainly seem like a Planeswalker at a similar power level of Nicol Bolas, in the eyes of someone like Chandra.

Almost every single God and Demigod in the Forgotten Realms and high level spells casters can travel across planes.

And Lolth is far, far more powerful then Nicol Bolas. For one thing she has Avatars, she doesn't planeswalk between planes, she is physically present one a multiple planes/worlds at the same time, spirit present where ever her name is spoken or her holy symbol is present or an event linked to her domain occurs.

Heck if we use 2e/3.5e stats even a Demigoddess like Sharess could kill Nicol Bolas as powerful as he is, even in Old Premending form. Alot of folks don't know how much more powerful FR Gods are compared to Therosian, Amonkhet, Kaldheim, or Ravnican Gods, or even Planeswalkers including Oldwalkers.

Last edited:

I just want to say so far the art for this set is some of best I've seen.

Btw the original Drizzt painting for the MtG card is being auctioned off, the opening bid was $10,000, its already up to $30,000. I believe Tiamats is also being auctioned off for alot of money.

I wonder if the artists make more money from WotCs commission of the art, or selling the original?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
From the artist's facebook:

1621561486340.png

I know nothing about the game, so I dont know if she's a great card or not, but she does look bad*ss enough to be a planeswalker!

Remove ads