D&D 5E Adventures in the Forgotten Realms MtG set Planeswalkers confirmed.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Nezram

Nezram's big thing is Planeswalking, and its only rescently he even returned to Toril, to help rebuild Mulhorand and liberate it from the Imaskari.

Tasha is a possiblity.

Drizzt is odd, but possible even recent events.

Fizban. Its not an accident that he was in a UA that otherwise was FR lore.

Vee from Eberron

I don't think Think there will be any Planeswalkers aside from Vee who aren't from either Toril, Oerth, or Krynn.
I mean, they could do a serious D&D All-Stars thing here, if they are going for it.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Maybe, but do you really think they’d pass up the opportunity to make a Drizzt commander?
I dont play MTG, so I dont really know what that means.

Personally I would not make Drizzt a planeswalker. He's already the ultimate mary sue, adding planeswalking abilities would just be...cheap? I dunno.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I dont play MTG, so I dont really know what that means.
Oh, sorry. Commander is a game type where you build your deck around a specific legendary creature (your “commander”), which sits outside the deck and can be played at any time as long as you have the necessary resources to do so, and instead of going to the discard pile if killed, goes back to the side and can be played again for an increased resource cost. It’s currently one of, if not the most popular format, and WotC has taken to designing very powerful legendary creatures lately to appeal to players of the format. Planeswalkers can’t usually be commanders, though there are some specific exceptions.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Nezram

Nezram's big thing is Planeswalking, and its only rescently he even returned to Toril, to help rebuild Mulhorand and liberate it from the Imaskari.

Tasha is a possiblity.

Drizzt is odd, but possible even recent events.

Fizban. Its not an accident that he was in a UA that otherwise was FR lore.

Vee from Eberron

I don't think Think there will be any Planeswalkers aside from Vee who aren't from either Toril, Oerth, or Krynn.

How many planeswalkers are typically in a new set? I think Strixhaven only had four (Prof Onyx, Kasmina, Rowan and Will).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
How many planeswalkers are typically in a new set? I think Strixhaven only had four (Prof Onyx, Kasmina, Rowan and Will).
Usually just a handful, matching up with the main archetypes of the Set.

War of the Spark, on the other hand, had 36 distinct Planeswalker cards with the guarantee that there would be one in every booster.

I don't think we're looking at anything like that here: for all I know, the numbers quotes in that marketing material match the drop rate for other Sets, but they just decided to start mentioning the drop rate. That is weird, though.

Remove ads