D&D 5E Adventures in the Forgotten Realms MtG set Planeswalkers confirmed.

MTG - DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: ADVENTURES IN THE FORGOTTEN REALMS - ARENA STARTER KIT (PRE-ORDER)

I found this unannounced product online for one of my local stores and bought it. No details yet, but if its like past versions its two 60 card decks for very cheap, but also comes with an arena code. They are starter decks, not Commander Decks.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, Lolth really really wants to go in an aristocrats deck. (For those not familiar with M:tG lingo, this is a deck whose MO is cranking out cheap creatures, then sacrificing them for fun and profit.)

Her basic use will be to turbocharge your sacrifice engine; as long as you can generate at least one sacrificial chump per turn from some other source, she can spawn two more without a net loss of loyalty. And if you already have plenty of chumps, her -8 enables you to turn a single chump into a heavy hitter.

Outside of an aristocrats deck, though, she's pretty weak.
That's my definition of a well designed card: it can obviously be used as part of an effective deck, but it isn't some sort of win button.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
MTG - DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: ADVENTURES IN THE FORGOTTEN REALMS - ARENA STARTER KIT (PRE-ORDER)

I found this unannounced product online for one of my local stores and bought it. No details yet, but if its like past versions its two 60 card decks for very cheap, but also comes with an arena code. They are starter decks, not Commander Decks.
Probably a great buy for new players.

Thinking more on it I noticed Lolth and Tiamat have something in common, they both grant card advantage. Lolth allows you to draw a card for 1 life (picture Lolth granting a spell to her clerics) and Tiamat allows you to pull 5 dragons from your library.

I wonder if granting card advantage to simulate the God granting a divine caster a spell, will be common for Gods in AFR?

Remove ads