• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures of the Knights of the Silver Quill: Glacier Season

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Yeah, it looks like a fun module. Of course, WE'LL never know... We pretty much skipped all that dungeon crap and went straight to the big bad. :D

Lord Ben

First Post
Damn, I was hoping it was something I could still find. It's a Great Wyrm and it's against your PC's? Yikes.

As an aside, you have more PC deaths then any campaign I ever seen! :) Go Dartan! What classes is he? PalX/???

Immort

First Post
Yer obviously ain't looked at the Tomb of Horrors story hour. More PC's (players corpses) in there than Doc Midnight has fans. Last I saw, Dartan wuz a fallen paladin turned fighter.

-Immort

Xaltar

First Post
Thorntangle said:
Glacier Season is in Dungeon #87, which is one of the best 3e issues. It also has The Raiders of Galath's Roost and The Cradle of Madness.

Galath's Roost was an awesome module! That's where I started the Unusual Heroes Campaign. Very cool layout, and who would have figured that Rossal, the pseudodragon from the module would be with the party 10 levels later. He even put a Rakshasa to sleep with his tail!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Midnight said:
Yeah, it looks like a fun module. Of course, WE'LL never know... We pretty much skipped all that dungeon crap and went straight to the big bad. :D

Sure, but that was one fun Battle!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Ben said:
Damn, I was hoping it was something I could still find. It's a Great Wyrm and it's against your PC's? Yikes.

As an aside, you have more PC deaths then any campaign I ever seen! :) Go Dartan! What classes is he? PalX/???

/Mourn Dekker, the Dodgiest Murker this side of Poddleton.

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Why is the Knights Keep still around? I assume either A) They have tons of magical protections on it the Dragon detected, and thus didn't attack it, or B) the Dragon is going to take over the Keep with various minions and use it as an advance base.

After all, the Dragon definitely could've easily destroyed a simple Keep, especially one of his age and powers. Also, I'm surprised the party was so easily able to teleport into Accessiwals lair. All the Dragon has to do, even if it doesn't have the spell capability itself (and I'm pretty sure Accessiwal does) to prevent such things is have a minion or hired Cleric cast Hallow/Unhallow and tie it to a Dimensional Anchor.

It's actually practically required you do this for really high level villians homes/lairs/dungeons/towers/etc., otherwise adventurers start doing the endless "scry, buff, teleport, attack" all the time. And who can blame them? If it's that easy to do, they should. Hell, I used to fall for such things all the time before I got more experience running high level adventures.

Big bads should use protections just like a group of adventurers would. Most adventuring parties I know, once they get to high levels, only sleep in secured fortresses/palaces/temples with lots of help available in case of an attack, and often magical protections to boot, or they simply throw up a Mords Mansion and sleep in that. Having a home or lair without adequate protections against teleportation and scrying is nigh suicide in higher levels, both for PCs and monsters.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this develops. May the party emerge victorious, after at least half of them die to the Dragon. ;)

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
MasterOfHeaven said:
Why is the Knights Keep still around? I assume either A) They have tons of magical protections on it the Dragon detected, and thus didn't attack it, or B) the Dragon is going to take over the Keep with various minions and use it as an advance base.
You've overlooked option C. Who wants to guess what option C is?

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Option C:

Create a public relations nightmare for the KotSQ. The dragon doesn't just want to kill them- it wants them remembered as trouble-making adventurers whose poorly considered actions left thousands dead or homeless.

Immort

First Post
I'm thinkin' yer nailed "C" right on the head.

Well thought out plan Doc, yer truly belong behind the "Sadist's Screen".

-Immort

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads