Advertisements now bigger than content on front page

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I read ENworld on a portrait-oriented monitor instead of the common landscape-orientation. Looking at the front page, the news articles are narrow columns, getting 4-5 words per line - narrower then they were. Instead the left side and right side columns, mostly advertisements are both bigger than a column of news - the two of them significantly bigger than the two news column when taken together.

Is there any way to get advertisements all in the right hand column so it doesn't actually crowd out the "Tabletop RPG News"? I'm not asking for a reduction in number of advertisements, just rearranging them so that not more than half the screen is lost to side bars.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A portrait oriented monitor? Yikes. That isn't a configuration that has ever occurred to me.

The software but detects mobile devices and drops columns accordingly (on a phone, it's just one column), but I don't think it's capable of detect a portrait oriented monitor.

I'll ask the developer if there's anything I'm missing.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
A portrait oriented monitor? Yikes. That isn't a configuration that has ever occurred to me.

The software but detects mobile devices and drops columns accordingly (on a phone, it's just one column), but I don't think it's capable of detect a portrait oriented monitor.

I'll ask the developer if there's anything I'm missing.

If I'm too far in the minority don't worry. But I have one landscape and one portrait. Portrait works a lot better for code and other things like that. The landscape one is usually dominated by software because is rather unconfigurable and they go with the more common orientation.

Thanks for looking, regardless.

Retreater

Legend
Reading on my phone, the worst part of the ads are when they refresh and change what I was reading or typing. I should probably just get a Community Sponsorship. Haha

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Reading on my phone, the worst part of the ads are when they refresh and change what I was reading or typing. I should probably just get a Community Sponsorship. Haha
You shouldn’t see them on your phone. Unless your phone is like the size of a tablet or something. The mobile skin automatically drops the side columns when it detects a mobile.

jasper

Rotten DM
If I'm too far in the minority don't worry. But I have one landscape and one portrait. Portrait works a lot better for code and other things like that. The landscape one is usually dominated by software because is rather unconfigurable and they go with the more common orientation.

Thanks for looking, regardless.
UNCLEAN. IT is two Landscapes or nothing. big evil grin.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 220

Remove ads