• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Advice on possible city/kingdom-running rules sets that fit 3.5?

Hastur00

First Post
Sorry. I was going for more of a 8-\ or a 0_o, but I was in and out of the emoticon menu too quickly to miss my mistake. I'm just stoked that a product so appropriate popped up just a couple of weeks after I started looking:D

Aluvial

Explorer
I was using a good system called Fields of Blood for awhile, but then switched over to the Kingmaker kingdom rules. I'll be buying a copy of Ultimate Campaign from Paizo... just to see what's what.

Aluvial

Aluvial

Explorer
How was it?
I liked it. The kingdom rules were simple enough. I did not care as much for the mass combat system. I've not gotten to the mass combat in Kingmaker yet.

I thought that the system was very medieval in nature, which fit my low fantasy Greyhawk game. It was robust enough to include magic however. I remember that it made some assumptions about the number of people in a region (hex) and that I had to adjust the hex size to fit to my campaign map. But, it worked for my high-level campaign well enough, without being overly complicated. I actually think Kingmaker is a bit more complicated, but I'm all in for that campaign, and the players are having fun with the sandbox and kingdom design.

If you can get a copy of this system, it is worth checking out. That said, I want to see what Paizo's Campaign book is going to contain. I'm hopeful that there will be a good system there.

If you want more specifics, just ask and I'll dig out the book and my old campaign notes.

Aluvial

Remove ads