Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Lazybones

Adventurer
A nice Saturday-morning surprise. Thanks, Sep!

I've read this story in its entirety several times now, and the only thing it lacks (thus far) is resolution. I don't mind the gaps since the last break (although the resumption of the story mid-stream and the relating of numerous key events in flashback are a bit disorienting at times), and I'm sure I stand with others here in stating that I look forward to seeing how events play out. I think that this challenge of resolving a tale in a manner that lives up to the buildup is one of the big challenges that confront many excellent writers, as their casts swell and plot threads become cluttered; c.f. Jordan, Martin, etc.

But given that this tale is provided gratis and is always compelling, I will wait eagerly with the queued ENWorlders for each update.

And I am curious if there is still a game behind the story, or if the original players still have any input into the continuing development of their characters.

I am curious if there is still a game behind the story, or if the original players still have any input into the continuing development of their characters.

Yes, but not conventionally. There were long periods of down-time, emailed games, a change of player (Ortwine), and general statements of intent which had to be fitted as events by me into the campaign. Some things have been glossed over ignored entirely. I've tried to speed up the pace of the narrative when things were slow, and slow it down when things were fast. I've taken huge license with the metaplot, of course - its going on three years, I think.

grodog

Hero
Thanks Sep! How's life treating you? When you get a chance, do please drop me an email with your current contact info: I have a writing project I'd like you to consider (not Wyre-related, per se).

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Huzzah!

Two questions for the Sepulphiles, in part for my poor recollection:
1) Did anyone ever put together a map of Wyre's geography?
2) I thought Sonellion was slain on her plane in the Abyss, not in Afqithan? Or are the two conjoined in some manner now? Or is another demoness's grave being referred to?

Does anyone else think Jack Vance when reading Sep's writing?

I guess I need to find that thread that has all of the Wyrish updates and read it again from some point in the middle.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Wonderful to see it!

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
1. The map is attached to the first post of "that thread that has all of the Wyrish updates".

2. Soneillon was killed during the battle of Afqithan. Said battle occurred off-screen.

Sep is better than Vance.

I'll bump the other thread.

*rejoices*

Awsome :D. NWM is just the best ever tbh!

Thanks Sep!

With this SH's quality, I'd gladly pay you 25 Euro's a hardcover now and then.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Felix

Explorer
Horacio strikes again.

And I like the description of the three philosophies at the beginning. It feels like a new start to the story.

Remove ads