Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Quartz

Hero
Based on that stat block, Visuit is quite the nasty customer - if you're planning to go toe to toe against her. But a cursory glance at her stats seems to show that she'd be at a loss if attacked by artillery with the power to punch through her defenses.

Like a 400d20 Bludgeoning meteor? She's 'only' got 1110 HP and that'll do 4600 damage, 2300 even on a successful save for half damage. And she doesn't have Evasion, let alone Improved Evasion. Note that if she can wangle a save for quarter damage, she could survive.

Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. But I wonder what Nehael might say?

Nightbreeze

First Post
She is probably fast enough to evade the meteor. There's a difference between a nimble goddess and a gargantuan, slobbering...thing.

But then, I get the feeling that there's a sort of equilibrium in Sep's campaign, as far as epic spells are concerned. Players don't try to solve every problem with epic rituals, but when they try, for scenic purpose, Seps allows them things that break the rules a little bit.

Last edited:

Siuis

Explorer
Based on that stat block, Visuit is quite the nasty customer - if you're planning to go toe to toe against her. But a cursory glance at her stats seems to show that she'd be at a loss if attacked by artillery with the power to punch through her defenses. Then she could slip into the plane of shadows to escape, but I don't see how she'd attack, say, flying creatures easily. I guess that's what the rest of the BBEGs are for...as well as the insane HP total! :)

That's a good point. I have a partic'lar DM who I play with out of desperation, who just sort of gives random powers to overcome challenges whenever I do something clever to a Big Bad. Guess I'm too used to that...

Given that Visuit had to be levitated over a Wall of Force by the demilich Choach, I can easily see how flying or artillery would work. Mulissu seems to have made a tactical error, as blasting huge conjurations into Visuit's pelt may have delayed the inevitable death of Eadric. Or, Choach could have obliterated the lot of them. One of the two :)

Like a 400d20 Bludgeoning meteor? She's 'only' got 1110 HP and that'll do 4600 damage, 2300 even on a successful save for half damage. And she doesn't have Evasion, let alone Improved Evasion. Note that if she can wangle a save for quarter damage, she could survive.

Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. But I wonder what Nehael might say?

I too am pretty sure that the meteor doesn't work like your typical spell effect (instant damage). Best guess is, Nwm was laser-guiding a balisitc missile. He found one, revved its engine, calculated Shvar-chyoriatis location at time of impact, and sent it there. With a war goddess, capable of retreating through the planes (or just taking a running jump out of the way, a-la action movie style) it just wouldn't work.

Now, an orbital nuke which spread upon entering orbit, and wrought high damage, massive area destruction in the heart of the cheshnite sect and obliterated the cabals which power their spells... I know that, of all the weird and eccentric defense spells I had powered at all times, preventing an epic Punch in the Face was not something I had considered. maybe that would work...

grodog

Hero
Sep---

I had a question for you that I don't recall being asked during the 9 (?) years you've been sharing Wyre with us: when the original moment of Despina's/Naheal's repentance came to a crux during play, was that moment something you had been building toward and planning for all along, or did it arise spontaneously from the role-playing of the encounter itself?

If it was planned, did you envision the far-reaching consequences of how it might change the nature of the entire campaign (and its cosmos!) too, or did that sort of creep up on you as things continued to unfold during game play?

Remove ads