Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

And what might be inferred of Eadric's mother just raises all kinds of questions.

There's a fair bit of linguistic and symbolic hokey-pokey going on on the tomb:

[sblock]Ƿéostru or Ƿéostrig in Old English (Thiustri in Old Saxon) means “dark, darkness, gloominess,” both literally and metaphorically; it is often used to translate Latin tenebrae. Ƿiostri (Thiostri) is a more uncommon spelling.

Nân is “nothing, none;” Mōd is “inner man, spirit, soul”; Sauil is “sun, solar, Sol.” Orm is wyrm, dragon.

28-29 (or so) years is a Saturn cycle or a progressed lunar cycle. 28 is also the number of lunar mansions, and the total number of domains associated with Oronthon.

Proper names aside, in addition to the literal interpretation of the words upon the tomb of Eadric’s mother, the encrypted meaning might be distilled as this:

Darkness
Who abode through a cycle of time
Daughter of Nothingness
Wife of the Sun’s Soul
Mother of Wyrm and Ahma
[/sblock]

Baron Opal

First Post
[MENTION=10433]Baron Opal[/MENTION]: aren't they already playing it?
No, I'm thinking of the next one. Sepulchrave's notes that he has shared with us look like the notes for a campaign set in Wyre's next age. The players have the benefit of playing this campaign that shapes the true campaign to come.

There's a kernel of something profound there, maybe.

There comes a point sometimes when I can't bring any objectivity to bear upon what I write. I experience a kind of mental constipation; if things are flowing more freely, I'm less self-critical.

Liberally embossing after the event in order to build a story and mythology on what has gone before is what it's all about. The players tend to want to just smite things or blow them up. Fortunately, I have a knack for manipulating symbols.
When inspiration leads strongly, I tend to be satisfied with the results as well. Actually working for it makes me more critical, too.

As to the rest, that's a fun part too. :)

omgwadh

Explorer
recent reading...

Having to occupy my time between updates with other activities, I have recently finished Laurence Krauss' "A Universe From Nothing, Why There is Something Rather Than Nothing". The main premise being that the universe is a product of nothing and was basically required to be, no creation was necessary.

One thought kept reoccurring to me while reading,

(say it with me)

"Nothing Becomes"

Thanks Sep!

Remove ads