Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

TheBrassDuke

Explorer
Yeah, for sure.

Does anyone know the link to where all the PCs’ stats and items are?

I’m trying to recreate the "Looking Glass of Urm-Nahat", Web of Motes, and a few other things and seem to have lost the list.

grodog

Hero
Does anyone know the link to where all the PCs’ stats and items are?
I’m trying to recreate the "Looking Glass of Urm-Nahat", Web of Motes, and a few other things and seem to have lost the list.
Try here: Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

I've also been toying with recreating some of Sep's items for my 1e Greyhawk campaigns, in particular the Web of Motes (the Looking Glass is a classic Mirror of Mental Prowess) and some other artifacts.

Allan.

TheBrassDuke

Explorer
Thanks! I just mowed back through et al and didn’t find any mechanical mention for the Web of Motes, but did manage to snag a couple goodies, such as Pharamne’s Urn and then Shomei’s Rods. So there’s that. :/ I have a Dream Fey building a planar cocoon for his own little demiplane rn (fusing Shadow, Faerie and Dream) and creating something akin to Afqithan but more of a large Wicked Garden sort of place. An Enclave of Dreams, and an Asylum of Nightmares, etc., etc.

Of particular note, I was absolutely able to use the Oneiric Distillate of Khaajh to its fullest recently.

I could really use that Web of Motes though…

grodog

Hero
I don't recall offhand if the Web of Motes was ever described in detail outside of the SH threads in general. I'll dig around in my archives to see if I can find anything.

Allan.

I don't recall offhand if the Web of Motes was ever described in detail outside of the SH threads in general. I'll dig around in my archives to see if I can find anything.

Allan.

IIRC, Sep wrote that using the Web of Motes involved Arcana checks, but I don't recall that he ever posted game mechanics for it beyond that. My impression was always that it was skill DC based, which is why the PCs would try to buff up their Arcana (directly or via higher Int) before using it.

grodog

Hero
IIRC, Sep wrote that using the Web of Motes involved Arcana checks, but I don't recall that he ever posted game mechanics for it beyond that. My impression was always that it was skill DC based, which is why the PCs would try to buff up their Arcana (directly or via higher Int) before using it.

Great point, Joshua! I'll see if I can go in and compile a "Web of Motes Greatest Hits" doc that pulls together what we know about it all in one place. And I'll share here once done, of course!

Allan.

Remove ads