Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Justin

Explorer
I was rewatching Underworld: Evolution recently and during the opening flashback scene, it struck me how much Amelia in her armor made me think of Yeshe, who was always my favorite of the Cheshnites. As I got to thinking more about the others, I suppose Sibud probably also looked relatively human-like, though I don't know how Sep envisioned him. (Interesting coincidence, Marcus was played by Tony Curran, who also played Thor's grandfather Bor and was phenomenal as Vincent van Gogh in Doctor Who.) As for Temenun, I'd love to see a cinematic humanoid tiger as a reference, he was such a badass: "[Gihaahia] is still finite. Let her flap her wings."

Just felt like throwing those thoughts out there. (I've also had a lot of thoughts about Marvel actors in Wyre roles. Chris Evans as Eadric, Benedict Cumberbatch as Mostin (or a younger Hugh Laurie), Josh Brolin as Nwm. Ortwin/Ortwine is a challenge, though.)

Wyre really needs its own wiki! (I manage several large, high-traffic MediaWiki wikis as part of my job...)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Amy Pond is Nebula! (And I believe Matt Smith was in that recent Marvel vampire movie that I haven't seen, so I won't comment further on that.) Oh, and the museum guy in Doctor Who was Bill Nighy, aka Viktor in Underworld! :p

MORE EDIT: Sibud's description: "His skin, grey and cracked, resembled shrivelled leather which moulted a fine dust; obscene black fingernails dripped a caustic venom, which smoked as it struck the withering grass at his feet. As Eadric's vision rested upon his form, he knew that only the vampire's resolute will maintained his quiddity, preventing his dissolution into a cloud of atoms. But into Sibud's face, the Ahma could not bring himself to look; it haunted the margin of his sight as the memory of his own death."

Last edited:

Ortwin could be played by Taron Egerton (the Kingsmen movies and the Freddie Mercury bio-pic). Yes the description of Ortwin as singing like Freddie Mercury made me think of this.

Justin

Explorer
Oh, just hit me, Karl Urban as Tahl. Maybe Famke Jannsen as Gihaahia?

On a more related note, I just noticed that the last story update was in October of 2014, with Gihaahia (love that name, I'd used it for a Nelf Blood DK in WoW for a long time) about to go on holiday and telling the wizards to make a deal with Temenun. Makes me sad to think that we'll probably never get a conclusion, unless Sep has been working on polishing up the story into an Eriksonian-length novel series. Inquiry?

TheBrassDuke

Explorer
Oh, just hit me, Karl Urban as Tahl. Maybe Famke Jannsen as Gihaahia?

On a more related note, I just noticed that the last story update was in October of 2014, with Gihaahia (love that name, I'd used it for a Nelf Blood DK in WoW for a long time) about to go on holiday and telling the wizards to make a deal with Temenun. Makes me sad to think that we'll probably never get a conclusion, unless Sep has been working on polishing up the story into an Eriksonian-length novel series. Inquiry?
I think he’s left us, honestly. He’s finished with Wyre, as far as it looks. He comes online here frequently, but hasn’t once replied to anyone here. So you gotta figure at this point, really.

Justin

Explorer
I think he’s left us, honestly. He’s finished with Wyre, as far as it looks. He comes online here frequently, but hasn’t once replied to anyone here. So you gotta figure at this point, really.
I know, I was just being a little cheeky with the book comment. And the inquiry comment was a reference to Mostin when explaining that Gihaahia had given Daunton's the Instant Convocation spell and hoping she might help him similarly.

After 14 years of posting the game/story, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sep had simply gotten burned out on it. I'm just happy for what we did get, some of the most amazing fantasy ever written!

Wait, I've got the answer! Anyone know how to get in touch with Brandon Sanderson? 😜

TheBrassDuke

Explorer
I know, I was just being a little cheeky with the book comment. And the inquiry comment was a reference to Mostin when explaining that Gihaahia had given Daunton's the Instant Convocation spell and hoping she might help him similarly.

After 14 years of posting the game/story, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sep had simply gotten burned out on it. I'm just happy for what we did get, some of the most amazing fantasy ever written!

Wait, I've got the answer! Anyone know how to get in touch with Brandon Sanderson? 😜
I pray for a conclusion to Wyre someday, however 😌

After a lengthy and complex set of battles both physical and metaphysical against their enemies, the PCs at last destroy/save The Adversary itself, ushering in a new golden (birdless?) age to Wyre.

The End.

At least, that's how I like to imagine it.

Justin

Explorer
I quit World of Warcraft for good last year when I deleted my Bnet account due to all the Blizzard BS, but recently I've been watching/listening to a couple of YouTube channels' music/rain/ambience videos of Vanilla and BC zones, mostly Nelf and Belf stuff (listening to one as I type this). The nostalgia is killing me but I'm standing my ground.

That said, it just struck me that this entire story started two years before World of Warcraft launched! I've used a lot of names from this story for characters in both WoW and GW2: my first paladin was Tahl, my first warlock was Kalkja, and my GW2 mesmer is Qematiel. Sep and his players are really great at coming up with awesome names, whereas I am not. (I'd love to see a male human mage named Mostin with the Insane title!)

Erevanden

Explorer
I've been lurking so many years here, It's hard to believe.
Sep's campaign left an enormous imprint on my own rpg life. It was like finally finding the place you belong. Blissful experience, really. The setting. The heroes. The antagonists. The marvellous epic rules. The writing, much better than in any published book I have read in a very, very long time. Never, perhaps.

And then it was suddenly taken away.
But I still have hope, that Sepulchrave will one day return to us. Or at least reveal, why he abandoned us. Though I would definitely prefer a return in all his eloquent glory.

There are still so many wonders, he never shared with us...

Remove ads