Against the Shadows IV - A Faded Glory Story Hour

What Do You Think of This Story Hour?

• It is the greatest Story Hour ever!

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • It is one of my top 5!

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • It is entertaining. I recommend it to others.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I don't like it very much.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • It sucks! I wouldn't read it if it was the only Story Hour available!

Votes: 1 2.0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old One

First Post
Re: Re: Did He or Didn't He???

WSmith said:

Oh...My...God!!! I just envisioned yet another bizarre random wilderness encounter. While advancing through the sparse forest, the party hears some moans and cries or pain and anguish. After investigating they stumble upon a group of cripples and diseased people, on a pilgramage to the "miracle workers" fortress. :D

Now that would be priceless:D! Maybe I can work that in somehow...kind of reminds me of the "Crusade of Peter Bartholomew"...that one didn't end very well!

Old One

PS - Story Hour Post #100!

Oberton

First Post
Baths and such

Old One,

I am trying to picture what old world baths looked like. One the web I found this resource Roman house

Compared to your story is the VESTIBULUM similar in nature to the one on this site?

Old One

First Post
A couple of links...

O'berton,

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for, but try these links:

Layout of bath in private home - This is what the bath in the guesthouse at the cathedral would resemble, except it doesn't contain the "cold room".

The Public Baths of Carcalla and Pompeii - This article is very detailed and discuss the whole process of bathing in Roman times - from start to finish:D!

Plan for the Forum Baths at Pompeii

Roman Bath Tour - Click on the various items on page 2-3 for reconstructions.

Give those a shot and see how they work for you. If you are looking for something else, give me a shout!

Old One

WSmith

First Post
Old One, have you ever seen the books by David Macaulley? There are several, including "Castle", "Pyramid", and the one "City" is about the construction of a Roman city, IIRC in around 300 A.D. They are all illustrated and propably considered a kid's book, I would say, cause when I was younger I would check them out every chance I got at the library and just stare at the pictures.

Old One

First Post
They are great...

WSmith -

One of the guys I used to game with in NC had the Castle, Cathedral and City books and they were excellent. I keep meaning to pick them up, since they are handy, easy-to-understand references. I just need to find a discount bookstore...

Old One

Darklone

Re: Re: Did He or Didn't He???

WSmith said:

Oh...My...God!!! I just envisioned yet another bizarre random wilderness encounter. While advancing through the sparse forest, the party hears some moans and cries or pain and anguish. After investigating they stumble upon a group of cripples and diseased people, on a pilgramage to the "miracle workers" fortress. :D

I actually HAD several wilderness encounters like this yet... Pilgrims everywhere. My players rescued more than one group of pilgrims on their way to a holy place who were attacked or captured by gnolls, kobolds, ogres, wolves, bandits,... They HATE pilgrims now. Lately I nearly stopped it though .... As well changed the campaign world twice since then :)
Those players usually sneak well through the woods... (they don't trust me!) And they hated to be dragged into the open to rescue someone.

Oberton

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Did He or Didn't He???

Darklone said:

Those players usually sneak well through the woods... (they don't trust me!) And they hated to be dragged into the open to rescue someone.

Sounds like it is time to use a few LIVING PLANTS and such... That should drive them out of the woods...

Lela

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Did He or Didn't He???

Oberton said:

Sounds like it is time to use a few LIVING PLANTS and such... That should drive them out of the woods...

Oooooo, Me Like.

Darklone

Hmmmm EVIL

Two letter word for EVIL? DM.

Plantmonsters... Uh I am soo much low fantasy... But I think I have to import some nice things. But I like that. Though the current group (Dougal) is not the pilgrim ones. And the current one CAN NOT SNEAK (chinkchinkchinkchink... What? Another ambush? How did they find us? Chinkchinkchink)

Old One

First Post
Update Coming...

Greetings All!

Thanks for the patience...I am enjoying the "Attack of the Giant Plant Monsters" sidetrek:D! I am busy prepping for a business trip, but will try to get an update posted in the next day or two. I will try to get Session 12 finished up and Session 13 underway!

Just a little teaser...

The Table of Elemental Evil rises up as the DM takes out 4 party members in 4 rounds with a DC 13 1st level spell...

Old One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads