• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm, ReRecruited Thread

Thanee

First Post
I'm not seeking revenge, altho I guess this isn't true for Danilo. I do agree with you, that these people have to be stopped, and if you think I can be of any help with that, I'm willing to do so.

Mithreander

Explorer
Ines shrugs and thinks Until I find a better course, but answeres "I have nothing better to do."

She knows that the answer is unsatifactory, but she was never one with words. And come to think of it, not much of one with action. What the heck was she doing in this conflict?! Well, perhaps God had a reason for her to be here, drag her into this. Well, the best she could so was remain hidden until that purpose amnifested itself.

Thanee

First Post
So, what are your plans then? When and how are we going to meet your other associates? They are near Luskan right now, if I understand you correctly. I still have a few things to do here in Waterdeep, before I could leave with you, however. Won't take too long, but maybe a couple days. Is that any problem?

DM_Matt

First Post
Irusyl says: "I can give you until late tomarrow night. Meet me here and I will send you on your way. And watch your backs. You know their capabilities, what they tried to do, where they are, and who knows what from being inside Danilo's head. They'll likely come after you. Both of you."

Thanee

First Post
That will have to suffice then. Thanks for your help, I'll be here tomorrow night.

Once the meeting is over, Rahja will head back to the temple to spend the night there. She'll offer Ines to come with her, there should be some guest quarters available. She will also tell the matron what she is up to.

Unless something else requires her attention, Rahja will spend the following day, trying to trade the more valuable loot for some more useful items.

She will trade away or sell the following items, aiming to get about 75% of the value: 2x Ring of Protection +1, Cloak of Elvenkind, +2 Mithril Shirt, +2 Wounding Rapier; and try to get as much of these as possible in return: Pearl of the Sirines, Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell, 1-2 Scrolls of Teleport, and maybe a few Elemental Gems.

DM_Matt

First Post
Thanee said:
That will have to suffice then. Thanks for your help, I'll be here tomorrow night.

Once the meeting is over, Rahja will head back to the temple to spend the night there. She'll offer Ines to come with her, there should be some guest quarters available. She will also tell the matron what she is up to.

Unless something else requires her attention, Rahja will spend the following day, trying to trade the more valuable loot for some more useful items.

She will trade away or sell the following items, aiming to get about 75% of the value: 2x Ring of Protection +1, Cloak of Elvenkind, +2 Mithril Shirt, +2 Wounding Rapier; and try to get as much of these as possible in return: Pearl of the Sirines, Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell, 1-2 Scrolls of Teleport, and maybe a few Elemental Gems.

What are Elemental Gems?

Bran, the magic dealer who you usually sell your "found" equiptment to, is willing to buy everything but the rapier

"I am sorry, I cannot buy this. It cannot be sold openly. It is engraved with the name of a living owner and the seal of a well-known and powerful noble house. As always, I am unconcerned with how you came upon the booty that you sell here, and I would never tell anyone who offers to sell me what, but I cannot take this from you. I will, however, still allow you to trade the rest of this at the usual rate."

Thanee

First Post
Rahja puts the rapier back into her small backpack, where it disappears, then.

Oh, really? Then I'll have to keep on this for now, I suppose. If you are curious about how I got it, the owner gave it to me as a sort of compensation for his earlier deeds. I guess he felt a bit bad about trying to have me sacrificed to some dark mistress. Anyways, any idea, where I could sell this? I don't really want to keep it, it brings up bad memories, yaknow.

OOC: Elemental Gems are in the 3.5 DMG (like everything else there). You can use them once to summon a large elemental of a specified kind, one costs 2,250 gp. The usual rate? ;) (I suppose you meant the 75% I listed.)

So how about this then... I give you all of these, without the rapier, of course, plus a few other nice items I aquired in the past, Rahja places the remaining items she found, minus the gloves, on the table, and you give me that Pearl of the Sirines?

OOC: Listed price for the whole stuff is 19,450 gp, the Pearl costs 15,300 gp, so that would be slightly above 75% selling price.

DM_Matt

First Post
"Well, all right. I will accept these things in return for the pearl. As far as other buyers, I am unsure...Some who hate him might want it as a trophy, or as false proof of besting him in a duel. As long as he is alive, though, I do not think that many would take the risk of buying it."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads