[AGE System] Creators Alliance

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Specs at 1st level is a houserule I implemented long ago. That and a 10 levels progression (with all the same features).

I agree that the fact that the Envoy took the non-combat features of the rogue is a big gripe for me. I would have preferred a free-form system, like someone did back in the time of the Basic Rules.

Maybe (finally) they could use the spells from DAge for a new arcane supplement?

Aldarc

Legend
I agree that the fact that the Envoy took the non-combat features of the rogue is a big gripe for me. I would have preferred a free-form system, like someone did back in the time of the Basic Rules.
My personal recommendation in the playtest was that if the Warrior would focus on the combat pillar, the Mage on the magic pillar, and the Envoy on the social pillar, that the Rogue should be the best at exploration and have more abilities that enhance that and not just through their stunts.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
My personal recommendation in the playtest was that if the Warrior would focus on the combat pillar, the Mage on the magic pillar, and the Envoy on the social pillar, that the Rogue should be the best at exploration and have more abilities that enhance that and not just through their stunts.
Agreed.

To be honest, and it's just me being salty, I grew tired of the playtest when every time we suggested change to the core rules for the revised rules (like the +1 fighting for humans that pigeonholes them in a certain playstyle, the HP bloat, the high armor DR + Master Armor Training, the Scholar mage being kinda useless erc ) on the Discord, the mods pushed that discussion to the Homebrew section, saying those discussions werent pertinent for the playtest.

It may be petty, but to me if you revises the rules, it may be a good opportunity to correct a few things at the same time.

Aldarc

Legend
Agreed.

To be honest, and it's just me being salty, I grew tired of the playtest when every time we suggested change to the core rules for the revised rules (like the +1 fighting for humans that pigeonholes them in a certain playstyle, the HP bloat, the high armor DR + Master Armor Training, the Scholar mage being kinda useless erc ) on the Discord, the mods pushed that discussion to the Homebrew section, saying those discussions werent pertinent for the playtest.

It may be petty, but to me if you revises the rules, it may be a good opportunity to correct a few things at the same time.
I get that feeling of frustration too. I was on the Discord servers too, but I also sympathize with their desire to keep this as mostly a soft revision. It's not as if this is a difficult game to hack. IMHO, it's actually much easier to hack than 5e D&D. In my own AGE games, I ignore the +1 Fighting for humans too, and I often substitute it with +1 Communication instead.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases